Discuss Barn conversion pricing. I'm baffled in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pricing always amazes and often annoys me. My brother runs a letting agency and I have never had any work via him because 'I can get it done cheaper elsewhere' and his clients will only pay the absolute minimum amount they can get away with. Apparently the going rate for fully qualified spark is about £60 a day!!! Just not going there

I'm looking for work and was offered job with a well established local firm. No probs with my quals and experience. I'd be given a van and sent out on jobs to work on my own initiative. Got my own tools etc etc.. Going rate £80 per day. It might seem ungrateful of me but l declined the offer.

I priced up a very large barn conversion and it took time to do , and they also wanted this that and the other , the job just mounted up and eventually came in at over £15K , never heard back from them , some mates of mine (Chipys) where working there and they got another sparks to do the job apparently for £10K , he was still working there 7 months later and still in first fix stage , when I spoke to my mates , he made a complete mess of it , I was Defo pleased I didn't get the job , because my mates also told me they were changing their mind every other day about spec etc , and they have had enough, so think again about pricing such a job,,

Reply to Barn conversion pricing. I'm baffled in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for someone to help with this dilemma. Image attached to try and explain it better. We have 3 separate lights currently...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm in the process of getting my qualifications and am taking on some small jobs for family to try and get some experience in. Today I was...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Posted on here a couple of years ago and got great advice. Have been self employed a couple of years now and always find pricing work the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am an enthusiast amateur undertaking wiring of two outbuilding under a building notice. I am soon to be subject to a first fix inspection...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock