Search the forum,

Discuss Blowing Fuses in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

sounds very much like the fan. possibly gone tight and drawing excessive current. think they're trying to get out of the guarantee.

So is the manufacturer correct that the problem is not with the Extractor and the warranty for the unit runs out in a few days

This is not a problem. If you log your complaint about the item within the warranty time scale, it is still valid. You can still get a sparky in the test the supply, FCU and the fan. If the fan is faulty you are entitled to have it repaired or replaced by the manufacture/retailer. Call them back and log your warranty claim, get it checked out by a sparky and get a new one if it is the fan itself.

I then put a 13 amp in it as it was the only one I had available and it blow that too

and after it blew the 13 amp fuse what did you use then .... a nail?? ;)

Seriously though, I think the fan is running tight and this could be due to it needing to be cleaned out.

Over time, they get clogged up with grease, fluff, dust & other debris which prevents the fan from spinning freely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Blowing Fuses in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock