Discuss BS7671 amendment date in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

NickD

Out of interest, what 'amended to' date are other people now putting on their certificates these days, given that there have been two further amendments since No.1 of 2011 (complete reissue of Section 710 medical; addition of 722 electric vehicle charging)? Common sense would suggest the 2013 date of Amendment 3 but maybe there's a sublety I'm missing.

Cos like one of them was (I think) a corrigendum rather than an amendment, which presumably means you can use it to roof a garage.

I am still putting 2011 because none of my work is affected by the changes implemented in amendment 2 so I am not working to those amendments, however if my work did impinge on those documents then I would put 2013.

Corrigendum: OED

noun (plural corrigenda /-dÉ™/)

• A thing to be corrected, typically an error in a printed book: the 1980–84 cumulation contains corrigenda which are not included in the annual volumes More example sentences
    • Mr. Bird, who is now studying the corrigendum (any error that might have been in the previous or draft report) has sent copies to the Leader of the Opposition and the Director of Public Prosecutions.
    • This corrigendum simply corrected the descriptions of supplementary information that accompanied the article detailing precisely what data were used.
    • A corrigenda shall go correcting the following.

Origin

early 19th century: Latin, neuter gerundive of corrigere 'bring into order'

And just for good measure, according to someone in the know we'll be getting a whole shiny new set of regs in 2015.

Just a question I was looking at doing the 17th edition course next year as it would be my 2nd year as an apprentice by then but like above there is talk of new set coming out even my college tutor said so

At the minute you're being trained to the 17th mate. Don't bother, do the 18th when it is thrust upon us. It's pointless doing 2 pointless open book exams, why waste 4 hours when you can get away with wasting 2.

At the minute you're being trained to the 17th mate. Don't bother, do the 18th when it is thrust upon us. It's pointless doing 2 pointless open book exams, why waste 4 hours when you can get away with wasting 2.

Agreed. Just for the record, 17th exam is closed book unless my false memory syndrome is playing up again.

The 18th Edition is at least 2 years away.
The earliest possible date, though unlikely, is Jan.2016, with talk of it being implemented as late as 2018.

Amendment 3 is a new book, so you will have to buy that.
If you are registered on the IET site you know these things the day they are announced. I'd encourage any electrician to use it (their site) as there is a lot of info available.

Agreed. Just for the record, 17th exam is closed book unless my false memory syndrome is playing up again.
Nope! Regs exams are open book, you're allowed to have an unmarked copy of them with you, this is why it's ridiculous that it's classed as a level 3 qual

Reply to BS7671 amendment date in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net