Search the forum,

Discuss Burnt neutrals in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Theory: people habitually wire the line first, and don't pay as much attention to torquing up the neutral screws.

Theory: people habitually wire the line first, and don't pay as much attention to torquing up the neutral screws.
Thought as much, but it's happened to me twice on my own shower and I've been mindful when tightening them up. Thinking about it, I suppose it can't be any other reason.

it's all down to electrons. they come all the way from the L supply, race through the installation, heat up your megawatt shower, then they knackered and so are slow on the return trip, spending longer at the N shower terminal for a rest, thereby overheating said N terminall. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Electrons are racist. They don't like any cable that starts with a "BL". More of an issue than Putin in my opinion.

hmmm. they used to be OK with black. praps it's colours with a ue in them, anti european, like fagash farage.

hmmm. they used to be OK with black. praps it's colours with a ue in them, anti european, like fagash farage.

Haven't you sorted out that problem with dyslexia ... that's the EU don't you know. << Banter! No disrespect or belittling of those who struggle with real dyslexia meant in any way shape or form. No dyslexics should be offended by this post ... please?

here's a burnt live.

20130102_155745.jpg

80A HRC fuse on a 10mm XLPE SWA . i was called out after FB attendance xmas day.

Reply to Burnt neutrals in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back