Discuss CEC scheme questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has completed the SJIB’s CEC scheme? How did it go, and how strict were they regarding your previous qualifications. I’m looking to make a career change and would like to become an approved electrician if possible.

Thanks

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has completed the SJIB’s CEC scheme? How did it go, and how strict were they regarding your previous qualifications. I’m looking to make a career change and would like to become an approved electrician if possible.

Thanks
i haven,t completed this but a former work colleague did,he had previously mostly fiinished an apprenticeship .He had to also do the 2391 before he was issued a card . Another guy met was looking at the cec and was antecdotaly informed about the 2391 as well.
One thought might be go the English Route CG2346. Many firms do this remotely which can be completed North o the Rio Tweed

i haven,t completed this but a former work colleague did,he had previously mostly fiinished an apprenticeship .He had to also do the 2391 before he was issued a card . Another guy met was looking at the cec and was antecdotaly informed about the 2391 as well.
One thought might be go the English Route CG2346. Many firms do this remotely which can be completed North o the Rio Tweed
Thanks mate, I’ve already done 2391-52 and latest wiring regs plus a few others so hoping I will be accepted for the CEC. Will mean doing another log book but hey ho that’s not that big a deal.

Reply to CEC scheme questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys, I’m going down the experienced worker route in electrical installations and wanted some advice regarding a cscs card. I’ve spoke to the...
Replies
Views
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Level 2 and level 3 2365 question
Firstly, I’m sorry if this has been asked before - it’s just that with a thorough search I can’t find the answer anywhere. I’m looking at options...
Replies
Views
Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I just thought I'd say hello since I am new to this forum. I am looking for a complete career change and am set on becoming an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi - Just joined the forum as I'm making a career change and am training up. I've come across some mock papers online and am concerned that...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock