Search the forum,

Discuss Complete shambles. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

typical installation in the farms round here. the 3036 fuses usually have a chunk of 1.5mm copper as a fuse, if, at some time, an innocent sparks has fitted a RCD, it will be bridged with whatever's handy, and all the livestock will tread warily.

Farm near me, like walking back in time. 3036 box no cover on, big hole in the shed roof right above it and the ip rating is a rotting fertilizer bag. TT no earth whatsoever.

No main earth, no lid to 3way 3036 board amongst many other things! I can pass the customer your details if you like? I'll tell them I've found a numpty that is more than happy to install a new circuit with no cert. :icon12:

I don't think that your customer would stomach the travel and subsistence costs! I find it interesting that so much effort is being invested to 'upgrade' 'historical' installations that may go on for years, 'safely' delivering their function, yet statistically a 'new' installation may appear much riskier. Though I imagine not in your capable hands L. It would be interesting, though I suspect very difficult to achieve, to look at current safety statistics from the perspectives of the 'age' of the installation and how much 'modification' has taken place.

Think he meant that tongue in cheek Lee, that's the way I took it.

I did very much so. However, like all insurance policies, you pays your money and takes your choice ... and do make sure that you read ALL the small print. At this point in time, although not compliant, the installation seems to be doing its job and has to the best of our knowledge not killed or injured someone ... YET!

No 'bad', no kayakers were hurt in the penning of this thread ... YET!

It must be the thought of officially having a ball and chain placed round my ankle in 3 weeks time that's making me tense lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 101
It must be the thought of officially having a ball and chain placed round my ankle in 3 weeks time that's making me tense lol.

... looked at that way ... one wonders why you have chosen this course of action ... in my case, it is 20 years since we first met at Kingston Kayak Club in Hull. Though at this time it feels like climbing an overhanging cliff, and every day something is pushing us apart, the value of committing every day afresh to one another is what keeps both of us going!

No main earth, no lid to 3way 3036 board amongst many other things! I can pass the customer your details if you like? I'll tell them I've found a numpty that is more than happy to install a new circuit with no cert. :icon12:

Is that yellow and green wire, I'd hate to say 'earth' or 'bond' connected to a water or a gas pipe?

It could be fun if that collapsible dog crate gets knocked over!

Makes a change that you can even see what’s in there. My ex was a sod for piling junk in the meter cupboard until she knocked something over and smashed one of the CU’s. I was at work so she gets another electrician to sort it before I found out.

All went well, I never noticed, other than the cupboard had been cleared out. She thought she’d got away with it until I was talking to the electrician in the pub and he said I owed him a couple of pints. The story came out then.

No I didn’t check his work, I’d known him for 15 years. I’d done similar work for him while he was away. The joys of village life, people actually helped each other.

Reply to Complete shambles. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back