Discuss Do you charge for Quotes ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What about if the customer wants a detailed list of works with drawings etc ? What happens if they just wants all the info and then to find someone to follow your plan of works etc > ? !

If a customer wants design, paperwork, drawings, tender documents etc to be produced and supplied to them then that is a chargeable job in itself. You would give them a price to do the design and produce the paperwork.

What about if the customer wants a detailed list of works with drawings etc ? What happens if they just wants all the info and then to find someone to follow your plan of works etc > ? !
Exactly what @davesparks said - that is a specific job that needs to be charged for, just like an architect would do after contractual engagement for a project.

Most folks idea of a quote is no more than a list of equipment and labour costs, not a detailed design and documentation. I would expect most home jobs like a rewire or new circuit can be done with a basic list of rooms and points to be fed along with a brief consultation with the OSG to check cable length limits and CCC in the expected routes/methods. The results (cable chosen, estimated length, etc) would not be supplied at all, just maybe a pricing for X reels of 1mm, Y of 2.5mm, Z of 6mm or similar or more likely just an overall cost of cable.

Incidentally, how many folks would go down the per-point pricing model versus trying to estimate cable & accessory costs and time?

To add I haven't done a brand new build since Covid so haven't done a per point job in ages

I try to work out exactly what cable , accessories , board and lights the job requires add all this up and add labour rates + profit margin and admin fee and that is how I get my end price

All other work is hourly

Reply to Do you charge for Quotes ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net