Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Advised the customer whoever they get back to come back to refit the downlights and re energise the circuit to at the very least move this. But to redo all and swap to fire rated.

Surely this is compramising the building structure aswell, good 1/3 of the beam been taken out I think!

All photos sent to insurance company as procedure when carring out a job for them, so if they ignore my advice and god forbit they have a fire then they will have void insurance I guess.

Ah that's one of them new fangled, Air insulated junction boxes.
Don't think they'll catch on myself :eek::)

This is exactly how they do it in the states. Would be considered normal over there. Granted they used a type of screw connector block on this job I was on but bolting lugs together wouldn't be frowned at either.
See:
900_zpskofnsoag.jpg

That's neatly done, even used colour coordinated tape.

No problem with the lugs being bolted to get her, as you said that's the way the Americans do things.
Seen it done over here too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest, why were you asked to check it?
It is for a client who provide support housing. They have just taken it on and wanted a check on the rewire. That ring final is a figure of eight with various cabling dating back to the mid sixties at its oldest point but the rest is actually okay why they left it who knows. First impressions of board I thought this will be okay.
20170511_102622.jpg

Looks like a lip service re - wire, just add new fittings to the old wiring.
Wonder if there's lots of connectors hidden in the wall behind the CU & the Blue, Brown and G / Y are there for show.
Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that done :eek::mad:
No, nor me

Looks like a lip service re - wire, just add new fittings to the old wiring.
Wonder if there's lots of connectors hidden in the wall behind the CU & the Blue, Brown and G / Y are there for show.
Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that done :eek::mad:
With the exception of the ring final it has been rewired I really pulled it apart it is odd because it is a bungalow which are quite straightforward.

It is for a client who provide support housing. They have just taken it on and wanted a check on the rewire. That ring final is a figure of eight with various cabling dating back to the mid sixties at its oldest point but the rest is actually okay why they left it who knows. First impressions of board I thought this will be okay. View attachment 36472
Crikey no reds or blacks in there, that socket pic has we worried 2 reds 2 black and 3 earth wires?

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock