Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

wouldn't give 50p for that crap. give me Dali any day.

35881152-paris-france--january-7-2013-visitor-looks-at-the-painting-soft-construction-with-boiled-beans-or-pr.jpg

Not sure why these two items need retesting next month...

...seeing as though they are just a couple of cable tidies laying on the floor next to a data rack!!

There was another 5 or 6 in the rack that had been tested too!!

(unique numbers edited out due to OCD)

Gaz :)
Now I have seen patch panels, telephones all types of elv stuff but that a first for cable tidys , brilliant , I'd love to see how they are listed on the report .

So, I've just started doing some work for a local plumbing firm. Got a call this morning "can you come and install a wireless thermostat". Yeah no problem I think. Get to the site and apparently this system is fully installed and working.

This was what I found in the wiring center.

WiringCenterBefore.jpg

On the basis of that fine piece of work, I decided to dig a little deeper.

The full list of faults went like this:-

• No earth from the FCU supplying the heating
  • Existing wireless thermostat was not connected - Cables were twisted together behind it's mounting socket... bare, no tape
  • No demand connections to the boiler only the power supply - The demand control link was still in place so this thing has been running since it was turned on maintaining the temperature of the bypass loop
I don't do a lot of heating wiring, but I can follow a wiring diagram.

WiringCenterAfter_1.jpg

Not bad for my third attempt at central heating wiring if I do say so myself. Still room for improvement, but it all works as it should through a wireless programmer and a pair of wireless thermostats (one remote for the cylinder and one for a room). And I got a decent Zs at the boiler, so it's a winner :)

So, I've just started doing some work for a local plumbing firm. Got a call this morning "can you come and install a wireless thermostat". Yeah no problem I think. Get to the site and apparently this system is fully installed and working.

This was what I found in the wiring center.

View attachment 36850
On the basis of that fine piece of work, I decided to dig a little deeper.

The full list of faults went like this:-

• No earth from the FCU supplying the heating
  • Existing wireless thermostat was not connected - Cables were twisted together behind it's mounting socket... bare, no tape
  • No demand connections to the boiler only the power supply - The demand control link was still in place so this thing has been running since it was turned on maintaining the temperature of the bypass loop
I don't do a lot of heating wiring, but I can follow a wiring diagram.

View attachment 36851

Not bad for my third attempt at central heating wiring if I do say so myself. Still room for improvement, but it all works as it should through a wireless programmer and a pair of wireless thermostats (one remote for the cylinder and one for a room). And I got a decent Zs at the boiler, so it's a winner :)

Nothing wrong with that at all, far better than most that I see, my only suggestion would be to fit a small piece of brown sleeving on the grey and black permanent & switched lives- and fit it close to the terminations. :)

Where did all the cord clamps go?!

That my dear is a bloody good question... if I ever bump into the plumber who created the original abomination I'll ask him :)

To be fair, they are probably in the floor void with all the other rubbish and rubble he created and chucked in there (much to the annoyance of the householder).

Nothing wrong with that at all, far better than most that I see, my only suggestion would be to fit a small piece of brown sleeving on the grey and black permanent & switched lives- and fit it close to the terminations. :)

I did add some brown sleeving, but it fell about when I was cable wrangling, but it is there (at both ends of the cables) :)

That my dear is a bloody good question... if I ever bump into the plumber who created the original abomination I'll ask him :)

To be fair, they are probably in the floor void with all the other rubbish and rubble he created and chucked in there (much to the annoyance of the householder).

Annoys me when people just dump stuff in floor voids and wherever. All you've got to do is have a box or a bag to stick the rubbish in as you're going.

If you ever meet him, just remember: Choking the life out of him is just a tad illegal ;):D

Thanks chaps :)

To be brutally honest, it scared the carp out of me when I got there and saw it. From now on I don't think I'll be quite so intimidated by central heating wiring.

Bit of a mixed bag today though, had my first *BANG*. Replacing a light fitting for a landlord customer in one of her rentals, connected up, Zs was sweet, attached to ceiling, put the lights in and turn it on *BANG*. Looks like sharp edges cut into the poxy little cables running to the fittings. Suffice to say a ceiling rose is going up next week before I do an EICR on the place (no reason to do one other than she's not had one done on that property so she wants to get her paperwork in order).

And to top it off, I got rear ended in traffic crossing the bridge into Penarth on the way to this heating job, so a really mixed bag :D

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock