Discuss Electrician suspended by ELECSA but continued to rewire house in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, I don't mean to bash sparks. The problem arose when we discovered he was no longer Part P registered, so he wouldn't have signed the work off with Building Control. I'm under the impression, that other electricians are not allowed to sign off someone else's rewire. I'll see what the electrician says tomorrow and take it from there. The original electrician is long gone anyway and if he's been paid 7.5k then he's fine. It's just between me and the contractor now. And as for Elecsa, they couldn't tell me why he was suspended, so I have no idea whether it was a failed assessment or a non payment of membership fees. Maybe if Elecsa could have told me, I would have more peace of mind but they said they couldn't because of Data Protection. Thanks for all your help and have a good night

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, I don't mean to bash sparks. The problem arose when we discovered he was no longer Part P registered, so he wouldn't have signed the work off with Building Control. I'm under the impression, that other electricians are not allowed to sign off someone else's rewire. I'll see what the electrician says tomorrow and take it from there. The original electrician is long gone anyway and if he's been paid 7.5k then he's fine. It's just between me and the contractor now. And as for Elecsa, they couldn't tell me why he was suspended, so I have no idea whether it was a failed assessment or a non payment of membership fees. Maybe if Elecsa could have told me, I would have more peace of mind but they said they couldn't because of Data Protection. Thanks for all your help and have a good night

Correct the only thing another electrician can do is issue an EICR (condition report). Unless you find another one that uses a horse for transportation. :24: :cowboy:

when you hear of unregistered sparks getting £10k rewires.
it makes me wanna cancel my membership and become unregistered,

because I'm charging less and paying more

Reply to Electrician suspended by ELECSA but continued to rewire house in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net