Currently reading:
EM Stop Buttons

Discuss EM Stop Buttons in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gaulty

It's been awhile!

need a little help on how to wire 4 Em stop buttons for Four work bays at a college through a contactor so if I hit any of the stop buttons it would knock off all four.

contactor would be normally closed, it's just wiring back through the coil I'm not too sure on. You would be lucky if there's 13Amp in total for all the bays.

my idea was to take put each bay on its own cct, wire from breaker to contactor and contactor to bays and have coil through em stop but how do I wire coil so that if I hit any stop button it opens contactor.

my original idea was to have a stop for each bay which only did that bay but client isn't wanting that, he want any stop button to kill power to them all

To be honest from what I have heard, the IET online package is really bad.
My experience to date with it is not good.
There are a few complaining about it on the IET.
The regs, osg, & gn's are all updated to the byb though.
Mind none of that content is any use for machinery systems.

Reply to EM Stop Buttons in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back