Discuss Email issues in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

edrobbo8

Hi,

I can send from my email but not receive, it is a gmail account but routed through a different address ([email protected])

Whenever I try and send an email to myself I get this notice:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

[email protected]

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain cotswoldelectrician.co.uk by mx.cotswoldelectrician.co.uk.cust.a.hostedemail.com. [216.40.42.4].

The error that the other server returned was:
450 4.1.8 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found~

Can anyone help please?!

if you can't fix it with a hammer, it's a software problem.

Does the email acutally exist, who did you set it up with as it is no good just typing in a name hoping it will work you need to have a domain address to send it to eg <name>@sky.com not just make one up and hope for the best.

Seeing you have a web address have you set up email accounts for it?

Yes and they have worked faultlessly for over 2 years, but suddenly stopped working. I did renew the domain about 2 weeks ago so wonder if that has messed something up? Checked the dns management and all still the same so I am stumped

Just found out the renewal for the domain name went to spam so I reckon it expired and is now not forwarding the email as the domain has expired!

Reply to Email issues in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net