Currently reading:
EV charging in a dwelling

Discuss EV charging in a dwelling in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

VWWM 1

-
Reaction score
Hi
A client wants a EV type 2 charger but she lives in a end of terrace. There is a pathway in front of her house and a front garden but no driveway yet. Can she have one installed?
No Olev grant but I thought you couldn’t if they didn’t have a car driveway to stop a possible trailing lead.
thanks

I did not see them take anything out and put anything different in, just lifted the car and put something underneath it and then lowered it again, not very convincing IMO.

The video clearly shows removal and refitting of battery.

Not sure if you ever played spot the difference, but the carriage that slides underneath and rotates came away with a big silver coloured mass that wasn't present when it first appeared, then switched batteries and reversed the process.

The video clearly shows removal and refitting of battery.

Not sure if you ever played spot the difference, but the carriage that slides underneath and rotates came away with a big silver coloured mass that wasn't present when it first appeared, then switched batteries and reversed the process.
That was obviously when I fell asleep, notwithstanding I missed that, the viability is zero, unless all the manufacturers instal the same power system in every car, not going to happen, hence they went bankrupt, I suppose a modular battery system could work, but again only if the manufactures can agree a system, pie in the sky IMO they all think they have the best system and I doubt they would want to share their technology.

I did not see them take anything out and put anything different in, just lifted the car and put something underneath it and then lowered it again, not very convincing IMO.

I agree about general lack of agreement between manufacturers as they each use different battery modules across their own range and all use different voltage configurations.
But as more joint development takes place and the total number of E.V cars on the road increases it could become feasable

Removal carriage moving in

EV battery removal carriage.PNG
Removal carriage with old battery

EV batterry out.PNG

Replacement battery arriving

EV new battery.PNG

That whole video was a farce, one make of car one module, the likelihood of joint development going on between manufactures is pie in the sky, why would one manufacturer want to give away a marketing advantage to another, I think this whole EVA vehicle strategy by Governments and the Environmental lobby has a lot of people fooled, do we really feel that putting wind farms everywhere is the answer, or is it a political move to lower the objections to future nuclear power plants? ?

Oh and just as an aside why has the advertising Ombudsman allowed the term "Self charging Hybrid" when clearly they are not, they need fuel to run the engine that charges the batteries.

There is no such thing as clean energy!

That was obviously when I fell asleep, notwithstanding I missed that, the viability is zero, unless all the manufacturers instal the same power system in every car, not going to happen, hence they went bankrupt, I suppose a modular battery system could work, but again only if the manufactures can agree a system, pie in the sky IMO they all think they have the best system and I doubt they would want to share their technology.

I don't think the system is remotely feasible, but simply wanted to point out that the battery was changed.

There is no such thing as clean energy!

Some of the current crop of clean energy generation (and storage) results in an incredible level of pollution, but few want to talk about that.

It makes perfect sense that we should harness nature's energy in order to generate electricty, but there is a long way to go before we can even think about describing this as being anything close to 'clean'.

I wonder how much water energy pass's through the Thames Barrier or the Seven estuary every day? ?

Strongford Lough has incredible tidal currents, which attracted a long running power generation trial from 2008. It was decommissioned between 2016 and 2019. I'm sure it provided a lot of useful data but, even though I've read nothing about serious environmental impact, there doesn't yet appear to be any noises about a permanent replacement.

It seems that tidal barrages are not a favoured subject, no matter how hard you look we find very little information on them, I wonder why, perhaps not enough Government Grants available.

It seems that tidal barrages are not a favoured subject, no matter how hard you look we find very little information on them, I wonder why, perhaps not enough Government Grants available.
There's defo been alot of research into it. I knew a guy years ago that did his PhD in tidal power... he was sponsored by Rolls Royce I think... he's one of the countries top experts on the subject... I'll see if I still have his contact details to ask him.

Reply to EV charging in a dwelling in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock