Search the forum,

Discuss Fault finding ring final RCBO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Done a condition report on a old mains board, everything good apart from ring final, got 0.55 nn 33.7ll and 3.8 on ee, changed board to main switch and rcbos, carried out a full accessory swap on all sockets and fuse spares in house, found some bad practice, twisted lives, n and earth's, no sleeving all things to add to the high resistance problem. Retested board end to end 0.55nn 0.90 ee open ll. So changed the 32 rcbo to 2x16a rcbos broke the ring in half having 5 sockets on one side and 6 on the other. Rcbo trips! Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I know the information isn't details but fire away with questions.

Help ?

Bit confused with what tests you’ve done mate?...and are you saying you found a fault and then changed the board without finding the fault first??
Ignore me just read ya post properly...

Done a condition report on a old mains board, everything good apart from ring final, got 0.55 nn 33.7ll and 3.8 on ee, changed board to main switch and rcbos, carried out a full accessory swap on all sockets and fuse spares in house, found some bad practice, twisted lives, n and earth's, no sleeving all things to add to the high resistance problem. Retested board end to end 0.55nn 0.90 ee open ll. So changed the 32 rcbo to 2x16a rcbos broke the ring in half having 5 sockets on one side and 6 on the other. Rcbo trips! Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I know the information isn't details but fire away with questions.

Help ?
What type of wiring is employed?

Reply to Fault finding ring final RCBO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back