Discuss fire alarm inspection cost? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

vb6951

just done a fire alarm system for a customer. now thinking to convince them to let me do the inspection every 6 months. but had no ideal how much to charge them. its a addressable system in a restaurant, 3 call points, 8 detectors and 1 outside sounder. any advise guys? thanks in advance.

that was a quick reply mate.

not much actually. just test all the detector and call points. also check the panel log etc. take 2-3 hours may be!?

Well the test would clearly take you an hour tops, if your efficient. Like Bright said depends on travel to include a decent price for you and them.

Down to your time, BS standard and correct equipment you have, either 25%, 50% testing depending on risk assessment.
Testing of heat & smoke detection, testing of call points, testing of battery capacity, testing of all sounder and visual indication.
Written confirmation, number of activations since install including false alarms. (to be entered on certification)
As this is first service, is design correct to bs5839 Part 1, and are visual indication been provided in common areas to EN54 2013, and has DDA 2002 been covered. A lot of time, and paper work to be considered in you quote.

just done a fire alarm system for a customer. now thinking to convince them to let me do the inspection every 6 months. but had no ideal how much to charge them. its a addressable system in a restaurant, 3 call points, 8 detectors and 1 outside sounder. any advise guys? thanks in advance.
Seriously do you want us to attempt to tell you what your hourly rate should be? I assume you know how long it will take on site and what paperwork is required ? and how much office work is involved, so put it all together and thats your cost, apart from the fire alarm have you decided to try to get him allow you to also test and inspect the emergency lighting in there as well? also Tazz will confirm, he is the man for this, but why every 6 months? thats a confusing one.

Why have you installed 8 detectors?
Most restaurants would only need to be Cat M system.

You could require a 6 month professional inspection & test, this would be stated in the risk assessment doc's.

Why have you installed 8 detectors?
Most restaurants would only need to be Cat M system.
You could require a 6 month professional inspection & test, this would be stated in the risk assessment doc's.

The system design, would be down to risk assessment...Taking into account, size, seat capacity and flats or dwellings above.
Servicing can be conducted quarterly 25%, Bi Annually 50%, or Annually 100% of detection tested.
examples .....high risk, retirement homes would usually be quarterly..small factories, possible bi annual....and HMO annually

Reply to fire alarm inspection cost? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net