Discuss FIRE RATED DOWNLIGHTS vs CHEAP HAD IN ATTIC DOWNLIGHTS in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mgnelec09

Hi All, Im doing a job for a friend of mine who has a raft of brand new gu10 downlights still in boxes which hes dug out of his loft.

As a member of the Niceic, I have already mentioned that they could do with being fire rated.

12 of them are to be installed in a flat roof with no habitable living upstairs, They are also in a drop down bulkhead pelmet as he has got a idea from a magazine to make drop drown plasterered squares on the ceiling with lights in them......dont ask????

I told him also to go with led gu10s as the are cheap to run and give off no heat.

He also want s to put some in the upstairs bedrooms also.

Am I right in saying this might be ok as there is no habitable space above and if he uses led lamps?

To be honest if it wasnt a mate id tell him to shove his cheap down lights and put some descent ones in.

Your thoughts please.

Reply to FIRE RATED DOWNLIGHTS vs CHEAP HAD IN ATTIC DOWNLIGHTS in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there fire rated down lights in a dropped false ceiling with no insulation and 2.5 watt LED lamps in cladding in kitchen with room space above...
Replies
Views
I’m in the process of changing my old downlights in the bathroom , I put them in years ago with advice from my late father who was a sparky, these...
Replies
Views
Evening Just want to clarify what is adequate for providing fire rating for lighting. My understanding is that if in an apartment block but has...
Replies
Views
Doing an EICR today, in a multi occupied house, I was chatting to the landlord advising him to get fire rated downlights in the celar bedroom...
Replies
Views
Squid
S
Hi, would really appreciate some thoughts on this. Customer has asked me to change all 40 downlights in his flat (yes, 40) from ELV halogen to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock