Discuss FireAngel RF-BW-T RF Ceiling bases in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

timhoward

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone got these to actually work?
1660157694698.png

I got given 3 to fit today. I normally use AICO but have often wondered about these ones.
Mains powered, plenty of space inside, all looking good.
Instructions say to press learn button on each device, turn mains on, and fit detectors.
All was going according to script at this point.

Then I tested them.
-Kitchen also sounded Top of stairs but not Bottom of Stairs.
-Bottom of stairs also sounded Top of stairs and Kitchen (correct result)
-Top of Stairs also sounded Bottom of stairs but not kitchen.

So I "Unlearned" them (press button 9 times) and start again.
Same result.
Phoned support who said to learn them again, their final words being "good luck", and they were basically just reading from same manual as me.
At this rate the only place they are going is back to the wholesaler. Unless there are any tips or tricks anyone knows!

(There are plenty of YouTube videos which AFAIK apply to a different product range and have a different learning procedure)

Unless there are any tips or tricks anyone knows!
I think you answered your own question with
I normally use AICO but have often wondered about these ones.
And you should have kept wondering about Fireangel products
At this rate the only place they are going is back to the wholesaler.
The best place for them IMO they are a waste of time

At one of the shows I visited in the last 12 months the guy on the Fireangel stand had a sales spiel of "We can do everything that the Aico kit does for around 10% less" my response was that is a matter of opinion

Thanks guys. The lack of a swarm of replies saying "read the manual" or "they always work for me" tells me what I needed to know.
This job was working with an old time mate who's a builder, and I foolishly let him buy some of the materials. Never again!

Still have problems in-house with 12 detectors it’s such a pain to learn & unlearn… how is it possible to set them up …Again….in situ… I can’t see the amber light…. Nightmare 😎

Last edited:

Reply to FireAngel RF-BW-T RF Ceiling bases in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net