Search the forum,

Discuss Fusing down the oven. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Piratepete

Hi Guys.
Just done a rewire which includes a 32 Amp 6mm cooker supply to a cooker outlet point via the usual isolator + socket.

This is only being used for an oven which turns out to be 2.7 Kw, with an HR 1.5mm flex requiring a 13 Amp fuse.

Would it be acceptable to change the outlet point to an FCU (which will be hidden behind the oven)? Guess that's no worse than having a hidden plug and socket! Not quite sure whether 6mm cores will fit in a FCU, but I'm always willing to try!
Cheers.
Pete

Wake me up, and tell me what your problem is with the original set-up, ''a 32 Amp 6mm cooker supply to a cooker outlet point via the usual isolator + socket.''???

Well you see it's like this, the problem is............errrm...............the problem is..............hmmmm..........no i'm stumped, over to you piratepete!

Just connect a bit of 6mm twin and earth or heat resistant flex to the cooker, I usually use a bit of 2.5mm heat resistant flex, there's no need to fuse it down IMHO.

Well you see it's like this, the problem is............errrm...............the problem is..............hmmmm..........no i'm stumped, over to you piratepete!

MCB is 32 Amp. Oven requires 13 Amp. Considered changing MCB to 16 Amp but this also supplies socket on isolator which could have a 3 kw kettle plugged into it. Simple,eh? 13 Amp is manufacturer's requirement (fan oven)

Last edited by a moderator:
6mm to a surface 13a skt behind the oven to fuse it down.
Had to do similar many times and sometimes a twin socket for the oven and gas hob ignitor.
The oven manufacturers are miserable with the flex length so maybe change it?
Boydy

Reply to Fusing down the oven. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock