Currently reading:
Gas & Electric Meter - Same Cupboard?

Discuss Gas & Electric Meter - Same Cupboard? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

So what’s the issue in you view?

I would hope as sparks, the risk is obvious? For the same reason there are rules about zoning in the bathroom, around the kitchen sink etc? Because the 2 don't mix.

Picture it; G&E meters both share a cupboard, said cupboard is near other cupboards that are used for storage, a good forgetful throw of something into the G&E cupboard and you have a loose regulator/isolator. I would say that's far more likely to happen than electrocuting yourself in the bath but then again; stupid is a stupid does..

I would hope as sparks, the risk is obvious? For the same reason there are rules about zoning in the bathroom, around the kitchen sink etc? Because the 2 don't mix.

Picture it; G&E meters both share a cupboard, said cupboard is near other cupboards that are used for storage, a good forgetful throw of something into the G&E cupboard and you have a loose regulator/isolator. I would say that's far more likely to happen than electrocuting yourself in the bath but then again; stupid is a stupid does..
This is a norm across the country to be honest, gas and electric under the stairs or in the same cupboard, just the norm, not saying it’s a good idea but it is common as camilla

Reply to Gas & Electric Meter - Same Cupboard? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock