Good news!

Discuss Good news! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D Skelton

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've been invited by Mr Betts' office to attend Parliament on the 6th to sit on the panel at the next committee meeting enquiring into the effectiveness of self certification schemes!

I hope Parliamentary privileges extend to me, I am known for being rather outspoken! :D

Last edited:
I've been invited by Mr Betts' office to attend Parliament on the 6th to sit on the panel at the next committee meeting enquiring into the effectiveness of self certification schemes!

Well done! Give them hell but cover 'competency' across the board not just self certification. Every practising "electrician" needs to be certified as competent whichever way they choose to do this. And 'competency' just doesn’t mean qualifying then doing nothing thereafter for years on end but still being allowed to tinker with cables uncontrolled!

Maybe you've been isolated as the bug in their dreams of destroying thr industry and MI6 are going to take you out!!!! ... can you fit in a suitcase?

Anyway been nice knowing you!:lol:

They can try! Being an electrician, one thing I am good at is turning out the lights and making a swift exit! Years of practice mate! Yeehaa! :D

I'll need it. As confident as I am, I'm not too proud to admit that I'll be pretty nervous on the day!

Ask direct questions and tell them you want direct answers. We all know what politicians are like at answering a question without out answering it. Months later they release the notes from the meeting and makes it look like they have made progress when nothing has been achieved nor decided.

Good luck Mr Skelton but you dont need it. You know more about this subject than they do, give it to them :wink:

Good on you and the very best of luck:smartass: Does this mean we finally have a "made man" in the crew? ....hang on,this didn't work out well for the little dude in "Goodfellas" ....never the less,sweet.

I have met a good few high up Politicos and a few ministers, very polite, listen to you with a look of bewilderment sometimes when you ask a question they aren't sure of the answer. They think they know it all, but actually they know sweet Fanny Adams, I hope it's minuted as well as being filmed, I don't need to warn you, as you know what you're about. Again good luck, cant wait for the outcome

Q' - Ask them what they think would happen to their career and salary if you could take a 5week course to get his job and the respected route was so broken up and dumbed down that it poses a danger.... Whoops sorry forgot you really can't screw things up worse than they already have!

Reply to Good news! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back