Discuss Honeywell Galaxy / Accenta Intruder Panels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

ketanc

Hi guys

I have just accepted a job as a junior alarm engineer and would like to get up to speed as quick as possible.

I wanted to find out if anybody would be able to help me with the basic installation, set up and fault finding of a Honeywell Galaxy and an Accenta intruder panel - something like a dummies guide perhaps.

I have read through the engineering manual but I am finding it quite confusing, and perhaps an alternative source of information could help me understand.

Due to the company structure, there is no senior alarm engineer I can turn to for help - the aim is that I become the "alarms guy", hence why I would like to be proactive here and learn as quick as possible.

Thank you for your time in advance good people!

Best,

Kay.

Accenta is very basic to install, and quite easy to program.
The Galaxy is a far better alarm, not too difficult to install, but a real lot harder to program properly.
Honeywell do a one day course, in fact 3 hours or so, on particular models, but, you do need to know a little about them first, it mainly goes into programming options available, but the bonus is you get the installer manuals and software which are not usually available.
I thought the Galaxy was now superseded by the Flex - now that is a good bit of kit - plug your laptop into it, upload the prgramme, and it is done.

Reply to Honeywell Galaxy / Accenta Intruder Panels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, first post here and in a bit of a pickle... Newly qualified out in the big bad world... I have a job 4 hours from the office so I...
Replies
Views
On eBay you can find hundreds of Samsung (but also LG, Philips, etc.) Smart TV motherboards (see e.g. here Samsung UN65JU6700FXZA Main Board...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Long time member and not a regular user here. I do pop in here when the odd unknown pop's up and unable to locate an electrical dilemma...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I could use your expertise. I have an old automatic pool cover, kept in storage for 30+ years, in good condition, and worked well last...
Replies
Views
Good evening looking for some advice. I have a honeywell galaxy g2 alarm system that i have inherited with a pub I have taken over, I need to do...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock