Search the forum,

Discuss Illegal supply's ! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

JD6400

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Just wondering how many others have come across either very dubious looking or just down right bent connections , and what have you done about it afterwards ?

You mean like go go power pinchers?....seen evidence of it stacks of times usually low class rents that do it. Funny thing is n all....they think you dont know what they`v been up to..lol....:toetap05:

Well I installed shower for a customer, DNO came along and did all the disconnections for me asked to phone him on his mob when finished I'd be as he was in the area all day, new tails to a seperate shower CU, stood back and had a look, I only connected it up to the incoming tail ends missing out the bloody meter, so it is easy to
Pict

Sometimes though they appear to have at least a basic understanding of electrical installations......makes you wonder if any of em are deemed as "competent persons" by a higher power...lol.......

You mean like go go power pinchers?....seen evidence of it stacks of times usually low class rents that do it. Funny thing is n all....they think you dont know what they`v been up to..lol....:toetap05:

Last time I saw a non working meter was a multi millionaires warehouse even had someone pass the gas meter I was picking something up and"noticed" his indiscretion

A while ago I was taken out for a drink by a “mate”. “You can do live jointing can’t you?” He only wanted me to put a breach joint in his supply cable to give a second un-metered supply to his house. You can guess the reply!

A while ago I was taken out for a drink by a “mate”. “You can do live jointing can’t you?” He only wanted me to put a breach joint in his supply cable to give a second un-metered supply to his house. You can guess the reply!

id guess it wasnt 'make it a double' pardon the pun..:wacko:

went to a punters house the other week, he rents it out, a room was converted to a grow room.
Anyhow, the meter had been bypassed in such a professional way, I was really impressed.
They had installed a 2 way rcd cons unit , supplied from a home drilled in the cutout, and connected to the fused side of the supply, 16mm green and yellow. you could not see it had been done! And the G/Y had me stumped at first looks.

went to a punters house the other week, he rents it out, a room was converted to a grow room.
Anyhow, the meter had been bypassed in such a professional way, I was really impressed.
They had installed a 2 way rcd cons unit , supplied from a home drilled in the cutout, and connected to the fused side of the supply, 16mm green and yellow. you could not see it had been done! And the G/Y had me stumped at first looks.
Yep well this place we went to the other week (it was unoccupied at the time)....well they had used the 16mm G/Y to bridge the meter thus rendering the installation with NO means of earthing at all...lol.ffs...:saddam:

I was talking to another contractor the other day , for the life of me can not remember who !!!
But anyway they had gone out to quote a solar system on a farm come industrial estate , they were shown around the site and told the client had two incomers , one in a large steel portal barn come stables paid for by himself and another across the other side of the site in a ex chicken shed which is now units that is paid for by the tenants .
While walking around he pointed out a transformer that had been moved across to the other side of one of his farm roads to make way for a new building , this had been done by some chaps from freedom who had done it on the QT in return for renting one of his units for six months or so while they were upgrading the local network , they then went into the unit that they had been using which he wanted the system on , which they also were supposed to put a new sub main into from the stables as part of the rent .
Anyway this contractor looks at the incomer and notices that it has a proper head which is pme , tails , meter and all sealed !
Say's to the farmer that it is proper incomer and he needs the mpan to start the DNO paperwork , farmer say's he has no bills or mpan ?
Turns out they cut in to the incomer just out side the shed and branch jointed it on the QT to save running the swa sub main the 200m meters from the stables as agreed !
Needless to say they didn't bother with the solar !

The contractor also looks after one of the neighbouring farms and about six months before had gone out to emergency call out because of a " sparking cable " on arrival it turns out that the freedom boys had been in a couple of mobile homes at the back of the farm and they run a three phase twisted aluminium overhead cable tapped of before the meter with their clamps and draped for near on 200m over four steel portal framed barns then through a piece of scaffold tube across between two barns then into a proper three phase head and into the caravans .
The sparking was coming from where the cable was wedged up against a stanchion as it went into to scaf tube , and every time they drove over the scaf tube it shorted out between them !
It was a livestock farm with each shed full of barley beef bulls !!!!
The freedom boys had buggered of a couple of months before and just left it like that !

Last edited:

Reply to Illegal supply's ! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock