Currently reading:
industrial roller shutter door.

Discuss industrial roller shutter door. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Robo

A friend of mine has a 3phase roller door. Under normal circumstances you press the up button and it opens and continues to go up untill the limiter switch kicks in. When it comes down you have to press and hold the down button. I guess this is for safety reasons.

The up button has stopped working but the down button works fine. If you remove the cover and press the contactor buttons you can press and hold it and the door opens and likewise going down. However the up button and down buttons seem to work back to front.(the contactor which i assumed would open actually closes and vice versa.

I went upto the motor and looked at the limiter switch. I tested continuity through the switch to see if it worked and it did.

I have no experience with these doors tbh and im a little baffled and hate being beaten

Does any1 have a simple guide to help me understand the problem and to identfy a faulty part.

Thanks Robo

Yes please discuss with the forum admin so as to sponsor the site so you don't break the site rules about advertising..... others pay to advertise; it would be unfair if this didn't apply to you ....ps welcome to the forum.

Reply to industrial roller shutter door. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back