Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen Ring earth fault? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

MWC not necessary for replacement of fittings. the circuit has not been altered.

Just curious, ...Why would you go to the customers house which is known to have a fault on a RFC without your test equipment???

That was the first thing I thought. Always surprised when a thread starts with 'am going back to do some testing...' My tester(s) are always with me when I'm working :)

MWC not necessary for replacement of fittings. the circuit has not been altered.

Best read page 336 of the BRB. I would issue a MW cert (and always do)? Why are people replacing accessories without knowing the circuit is safe, which you find out through inspection and testing? :confused:

you can ndo as many tests on the circuit as you like. you don't have to complete a MWC, although doing so may be of benefit if the crap should hit the fan through some cowboy following you.

A little earth leakage clampmeter would come in handy here, clamp on the earth of the ring then operate each appliance one by one and monitor the earth leakage, or you could switch the appliances in one by one and monitoring the leakage as you go, and see if it is anywhere near the RCD tripping current, which is very rarely 30mA, Ive had an RCBO trip at 21 this week

Reply to Kitchen Ring earth fault? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock