Currently reading:
MCS broke

Discuss MCS broke in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It's down again so I'm going to leave it now until the early hours. What worries me is that we have one to do tomorrow and again on Friday before I deliver them by hand to E'on on Saturday morning.

Tried several times.

First of all getting message saying not available.

Then got on and got kicked back out when I tried to enter the date

Then not available, then kicked out. etc etc.

Then got past the date and cant access the PV technology list. 2 hours of messing about so far.

Thank god they changed the system a month or so back so you dont have to trawl through a million manufacturers and panels before you can find your one :p That took an hour back then

It keeps sending me back to the start.

I'll do my last one in the early hours to make sure it's done.

I wonder what would happen if the MCS website completely packed up and it took (shudder) days to fix? Seeing as common sense is well and truly off the table, where would it leave us?

I wonder if anyone here can help me please?

Do you installers have READ access to all of the entries in the MCS database or can you only see your own installation entries? The HELP documentation on the MCS site seems to indicate that operators do have read access to the entire database of installations.

I am a customer of a Solar Panel Installation and my installer is telling me that they cannot get reliable access to this database at the moment, hence the certificate is PENDING in the system. I have contacted nPower who understand the MCS issue and they have said I can apply for FIT just knowing the MCS certificate number. I can send the actual certificate when the technical issues are solved.

Therefore, if you can search for all installations, would one of you be kind enough to enter my postcode and tell me my MCS certificate number please.

Many thanks in advance if you can help.

Austin

Ask your installer to do it - that's what you're paying for :) Everyone on here is trying to get their own customers sorted out and will only have access (and I haven't even got that) to their own customers.

E.on's IT system was down this afternoon when I spoke to them

We have 2 houses next door to each other with the same house name - guess which one I registered - yep, the wrong one! Tried to change it all afternoon without success but E.on have said that as long as they have received the application and the correct Mpan number etc is on the application they can sort everything else out later.

I've been impressed with their service every time I've spoken to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mcs number is shown on pending certs to the left anyway
I am 90% sure ....

Guys keep refreshing page i did mine within 5 mins
It works that way refresh once the link breaks

@SRE. Thanks. They have all gone home now and my experience of trying to get through to anyone on the telephone during the day at the moment is "challenging" to say the least.

I was just hoping someone might have a few moments spare to try.

Thanks again

Austin

@MEP - That is what the chap at nPower said and he is happy to have just that number for now.

Do you have READ access to the entire database or only your installs?

Thanks

Austin

@Austin. Its just your own installations you have acces to as an installer.

I've got 3 to do and I'm not gonna bother trying until the early hours. Good job I cant sleep at the moment! PLenty of time for that soon anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
@northersun Many thanks for clarifying that. Much appreciated. Looking at the documentation again it appears "Market Operators" and "Reporting Users" have such read access.

I hope the system stabilises quickly for you and all others affected by these technical challenges.

Thanks again

Austin

Anyone seen a pink pig flying over london recently with a Gemserv official hanging from its tail about as rare as the chance of getting a project on the MCS Database

Reply to MCS broke in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back