Currently reading:
Melted socket

Discuss Melted socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jhcp1977

DIY
Reaction score
Hi can simeone give me advice I had a electricia install a outside socket that has melted the plug before I ring him can someone tell me if it's been installed correctly? I can't find the makes anywhere online are they inferior products?
I am not happy as my daughter was in the hot tub at the time so shouldn't have something tripped in the house or the RCD on the lazyspa ? As with it all being melted it was still working it's only because she could smell burning I was alerted to it ?
So from what I can see the middle switch is what it's connected to with a single cable running to a outside weatherproof socket any help appreciated

Attachments

• PXL_20210428_073307083.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 84
  • PXL_20210428_074112762.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 78
You must have had a quiet afternoon, @marconi ? Im sure all the pubs are open now if you're at a loose end
Waiting for the snooker to start......more seriously I have been baby sitting 9 week old jack russell, Maud, with a chronic itchy skin rash - quite upsetting to see her regularly scratch herself, only relieved when asleep or stroked - half way through treatment as advised by vet. Up at 5am because she was so troubled by it. Wife in hospital. was due home Friday but learned for good reason now Tuesday earliest. So needed occupying. Could not go in my man shed to dabble with some electronics ’cos being painted by two fine fellows , father and son, both with Asperger, who to my great shame tested my patience for reasons which are my failure not theirs. So needed distracting. Enough said for somewhat ‘grandstanding’ on this .......

Waiting for the snooker to start......more seriously I have been baby sitting 9 week old jack russell, Maud, with a chronic itchy skin rash - quite upsetting to see her regularly scratch herself, only relieved when asleep or stroked - half way through treatment as advised by vet. Up at 5am because she was so troubled by it. Wife in hospital. was due home Friday but learned for good reason now Tuesday earliest. So needed occupying. Could not go in my man shed to dabble with some electronics ’cos being painted by two fine fellows , father and son, both with Asperger, who to my great shame tested my patience for reasons which are my failure not theirs. So needed distracting. Enough said for somewhat ‘grandstanding’ on this .......
It all comes together doesn't it. I hope everything works out well for you. :)
You are a kind man.

thank you for taking your time to help me i will show the spark what you wrote as its all over my head hope everything be ok with the dog and wife thank you once again

Reply to Melted socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock