Discuss More help with pricing please in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

onfire25

Hey guys......more help with pricing would be appreciated....the prices im comming up with seem low but then the jobs didnt exactly take long!

Job 1: Saturday call out, 2x LV down lights gone in kitchen......both 12v trannys no output. One of the down lights needed to be replaced due to a burnt cable going into the connection block for the MR-16 lamp. Wholesalers shut so off to good old B&Q!....pick up 2x new 12v trannys and new down light.....but wider then previous....now 73mm. Back to job, widen previous hole with my magic tool......5x 70mm discs stuck together and fit down the poilt bit for the 73mm hole saw.....2 seconds hole done. Wire in the 2 trannys and spark up.....result.....apart from the the other down light didnt come back on. Checked lamp connected ok and when i touched it it came on......gave the cable to the MR-16 connection block a wiggle and was loose.......so back to B&Q to get another light.......back to job, widen that hole and connect. Job done. £45???........customer gave me cash to get new fittings therefore just labour only.

Job 2: Today, customer calls.....keeps loosing signal on 2 TV's......one in his salon and one in flat above. Go over and under the guttering is an internal wall mounted TV point with a 2way splitter hanging out the back of it......nice and soaked and well rusty!......i laughed and said not supprised. Anyway.........ive got my materials price sorted......its just i was there less then an hour doing the job, cut 3x 20mm holes in box for compression glands, mount box, cut main ariel cable back due to moisture ingress and join via coax coupler contained within a 300mm length of conduit with a compression gland either end and then new coax taken and terminated with other 2 coax cabels into the splitter with 'F' type connectors. Materials are @ £22.82 but where i was there less then an hour im just thinking my 1st hours rate of £25???

I know these are small jobs but i just dont want to rip people off.

Thanks guys :)

First job would have taken 2+ hours with the driving so min £70.

second job for one hour call out £35-£45 depends on where you live.

Only you can say what you are happy with but your prices are my mates rates.

Hey guys......more help with pricing would be appreciated....the prices im comming up with seem low but then the jobs didnt exactly take long!

Job 1: Saturday call out, 2x LV down lights gone in kitchen......both 12v trannys no output. One of the down lights needed to be replaced due to a burnt cable going into the connection block for the MR-16 lamp. Wholesalers shut so off to good old B&Q!....pick up 2x new 12v trannys and new down light.....but wider then previous....now 73mm. Back to job, widen previous hole with my magic tool......5x 70mm discs stuck together and fit down the poilt bit for the 73mm hole saw.....2 seconds hole done. Wire in the 2 trannys and spark up.....result.....apart from the the other down light didnt come back on. Checked lamp connected ok and when i touched it it came on......gave the cable to the MR-16 connection block a wiggle and was loose.......so back to B&Q to get another light.......back to job, widen that hole and connect. Job done. £45???........customer gave me cash to get new fittings therefore just labour only.

Job 2: Today, customer calls.....keeps loosing signal on 2 TV's......one in his salon and one in flat above. Go over and under the guttering is an internal wall mounted TV point with a 2way splitter hanging out the back of it......nice and soaked and well rusty!......i laughed and said not supprised. Anyway.........ive got my materials price sorted......its just i was there less then an hour doing the job, cut 3x 20mm holes in box for compression glands, mount box, cut main ariel cable back due to moisture ingress and join via coax coupler contained within a 300mm length of conduit with a compression gland either end and then new coax taken and terminated with other 2 coax cabels into the splitter with 'F' type connectors. Materials are @ £22.82 but where i was there less then an hour im just thinking my 1st hours rate of £25???

I know these are small jobs but i just dont want to rip people off.

Thanks guys :)

Are you doing this for living or is it a hobby?

What do you want /need to earn in a year?

i know.... just saying there so many parts that go into electrical installations, cant have them all unless you have a van which is nicely shelved

Reply to More help with pricing please in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net