Discuss Now I know who is making money from Green Deal.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There is no way the cost would equal the savings made! Who has done this research, we all know from using SAP for pv... People will be worse off. With the only redemption being the cost of energy increasing to hopefully make the predictions viable.

My main issue pointed out over 12 months ago how do you value a house with the green deal. As the people buying a property with a GD loan attached will pay for it twice (through increase in sales price and then the existing loan).

I have heard that Greg Barker would like to see better integration of FITs with the Green Deal, but no information of how or the implications of this. It would be difficult to do anything until the current FIT arrangements come to an end. FIT2 is already being talked about.

Solar is now in the Renewables Road Map.

It should also be remembered there are internal tensions within DECC. It is not just about pet projects, but trying to make conflicting policies work. What you hear depends on who you talk to.

My advice would be get your head down and get on with it. Everything else is speculation and mental masturbation (it may make you feel good, but it doesn't produce anything).

Solar is now in the Renewables Road Map.

By which them mean it appears on the list of destinations, but no route, plan, or targets. No annual estimate of target or deployment

Bit like saying I'll get married someday, sorry just looked in my diary, I've got 365 days (3 years out of 4) and not a single one is called 'Someday'

Actually it's worse than that, the roadmap is merely a sketch of the roads that already exist and where built last year...

this just has no basis in reality - solar has never been anything other than a minor potential add on to green deal, green deal has always been focused primarily on energy efficiency not renewable energy generation right from the first discussions about it all the way through to now.

There may be some last minute attempt to shoe horn solar in by allowing the FIT payments to be included within the golden rule, but if there is then this will be a complete change in position from DECC, and the only market it will impact is the rent a roof market, and I suspect that this would be where any pressure for this change would be coming from.

I said this on this forum over a year ago. The green deal is about insulation, it had, in it's original form, nothing to do with Solar. Solar has been strapped on because the big companies see it as a way of screwing even more money out of the customer.
The small companies will be squeezed out by this and it is clear that Government policy is being influenced by big companies (I wonder why!) trying to corner the market and remove competition.

We are all forgeting the other other measures that are FREE under eco funding.

Air Source heat Pumps
Biomass boilers
Biomass room heaters
Cavity Wall Insulation
Cavity Wall Insulation (HTTP)
Cylinder Therostates
District heating
Draught proofing
Hot water showers (effcient)
Hot water systems (efficient)
Hot water taps (efficient)
External wall insulation EWI
Fan assisted replacement storage heaters
Ground Source heat pumps
Heating controls
Heating Ventilation & air conditioning controls
High performane external doors
Hot water controls
Hot water cylinder insulation
internal wall insulation
Loft or rafter insulation
Micro combined heat and power
Micro wind generation
Pipe work insulation
Gas fired condensing boilers
Replacment boilers
Oil fired condensing boilers
Warm air units
Radiant heating
Roof insulation
Room in roof insulation
Secondary glazing
Solar water heating
Under floor heating
under floor Insulation
Water source heat pumps

for
Low income and vulnerable households identified individually through benefits data (measures which reduce the cost of heating the home)

We are all forgeting the other other measures that are FREE under eco funding.

Air Source heat Pumps
Biomass boilers
Biomass room heaters
Cavity Wall Insulation
Cavity Wall Insulation (HTTP)
Cylinder Therostates
District heating
Draught proofing
Hot water showers (effcient)
Hot water systems (efficient)
Hot water taps (efficient)
External wall insulation EWI
Fan assisted replacement storage heaters
Ground Source heat pumps
Heating controls
Heating Ventilation & air conditioning controls
High performane external doors
Hot water controls
Hot water cylinder insulation
internal wall insulation
Loft or rafter insulation
Micro combined heat and power
Micro wind generation
Pipe work insulation
Gas fired condensing boilers
Replacment boilers
Oil fired condensing boilers
Warm air units
Radiant heating
Roof insulation
Room in roof insulation
Secondary glazing
Solar water heating
Under floor heating
under floor Insulation
Water source heat pumps

for
Low income and vulnerable households identified individually through benefits data (measures which reduce the cost of heating the home)

So its replacing warmfront?

So its replacing Warmfront?

I hope not!

You have all read about my nightmare with Warmfront.

But I cannot claim it now because the tory party have cut funding for those on Disability Living Allowance apparently the banks and millionaires need it more than disabled

I have also heard they need it more you as well

Reply to Now I know who is making money from Green Deal.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net