Search the forum,

Discuss Nuisance tripping after splitting a ring main in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hello everyone
Really sorry for taking so long to get back to the forum after receiving so many replies. Work got in the way and now on holiday.
But upshot of the problem turned out to be two fold on first leg we pulled some cable up through the floor and found a small hole in the outer sheathing not a bite mark and no nails in sight so cut this out and replaced with a small section..
We are still running the kitchen as a radial as the other leg is impossible to get at without taking the floor up which the customer does not want to do and although I'm a small bloke even I cannot get under the joists..
We have suggested running the leg along the outside wall and back into the cellar at a later stage if he wants.

So basically this is just a thank you for all of your help when really all that was needed was some time, patience and some logical thinking

tell customer that the floor ( or part of it) needs to come up to locate the fault and maybe replace the faulty section. other wise he can call a magician.

Hello everyone
Really sorry for taking so long to get back to the forum after receiving so many replies. Work got in the way and now on holiday.
But upshot of the problem turned out to be two fold on first leg we pulled some cable up through the floor and found a small hole in the outer sheathing not a bite mark and no nails in sight so cut this out and replaced with a small section..
We are still running the kitchen as a radial as the other leg is impossible to get at without taking the floor up which the customer does not want to do and although I'm a small bloke even I cannot get under the joists..
We have suggested running the leg along the outside wall and back into the cellar at a later stage if he wants.

So basically this is just a thank you for all of your help when really all that was needed was some time, patience and some logical thinking
Hello everyone

What is tripping?

:disrelieved::disrelieved:
tripping is something we did back when L.S.D. was all the rage. :eek::eek::eek::eek:.
Showing your age now Mate, oh sorry all age related stuff is in the mind, mind you my mind is fuddled with all that tripping and it wern't an OCPD tripping either!!!!!!!!!?????/:imp::cool::dizzy::disrelieved::disrelieved::grinning::kissing::kissing: Did a great deal of tripping in my later years at work Russia, the US, Canada, far and middle East need I go on? did my head in I can tell you, the gatt was a revalation though, grew in the hedgsrows of Sanna

Reply to Nuisance tripping after splitting a ring main in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back