Discuss PAT Software or certificate pad in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

oldtimer

Hi all can anybody give me some guidance here ok I am thinking of getting a PAT tester so do I go for a super duper all singing all dancing model or a manual unit and if so do you go with certificate pads or something like one of the £69 manual entry software or do you make up your own on the computer and if so does anybody have any samples.

I am looking into this with a view of getting a tester but when I bought my megger MFT 1553 I thought the bluetooth function would be the biz but dont even use this facility so as you can see I am trying to get the right balance

Hi
Just came across this thread this evening, and i too have got a MFT 1553 but i must say seem to use the Bluetooth option with Megger’s Lite software, a little clunky but hay get most of the test results on site instead of sitting down in the evening with pen to pad.
I also carry out PAT, started with a Kewtech KT71 (manual tester) and again had to either put in the data manually to a net book / note pad or in some others cases write it into a pad (Hummmm!!!)

I then saw the light and spoke to a great company who advised me on a tester suitable for my requirements, which in this case was a Megger PAT4 DV/3 (down loadable tester) and complemented with a market leading software Simply PAT's. (in my opinion)
This software is the bee’s knees along with the support to get you off on the right foot. This support is free and is next to none, always greeted with enthusiasm, and willingness to assist along with regular free updates driven by both the members and the team.

I would say if you are carrying out more than a 100 tests per site or so, then invest in both a down loadable tester and/or the manual or downloadable option.
But also you need to ask the question, is in house testing or for external clients, as you might like that more professional look where in housetesting you could get away with say excel for example and copy the test results.

I use this software and tester regularly with the KT71 moth balled due to the size of sites i have to test so really if I did what you are doing first then I could have saved myself a few pounds (well £368)

Hope this is of some help :smiley2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve you have been a great help and your advice is very much appreciated and yep this is the cunundrum that I feel I am in yep I hovered over the KT71 and thought good write up but back to the scribbling on a pad then pondered why dont I pay the extra for a better model anyway going away on holiday next week so you have given me plenty to think about this week.

Also dont know if this is any good to you with your MFT I use this on site as it saves lugging a laptop View attachment quick checkb.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to PAT Software or certificate pad in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net