Discuss pat testing documentation in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cb100

Hi.
I have been asked to do the pat testing at a local golf club, I have got my roll of stickers and calibrated old Seward IT 1000. What sort of documentation do I need to present to the customer (appart from the invoice!). Do I need to keep a record of the appliances serial No. etc.
Any idears guys?

trhat took me 2 minutes on google. how hard is that?

Thanks Telectrix,
I did use google but thought I would ask the forum in case there was a preferable site that pat testers use. Cb100

any form of spreadsheet that you can list the appliances will do. there's no hard and fast rule.

Alternatively, like i have, purchase the Seawood elite software if you plan to do more PAt testing work, and a transfer cable to your PC/Laptop, and it will download the results from your tester straight onto a very nice data base where you can print nice certs out that contain all relevant information as well as anything else you wish to add to it. You can add logos and private information.

Its a nice way tidy way of doing things as well as keeping a good personal record of work you have done.

The next hurdle is actually making any money from PAT testing....

Hi.
I have been asked to do the pat testing at a local golf club, I have got my roll of stickers and calibrated old Seward IT 1000. What sort of documentation do I need to present to the customer (appart from the invoice!). Do I need to keep a record of the appliances serial No. etc.
Any idears guys?

I find the new 4th edition of ISITEE has the correct certificates shown in the appendix. Well worth having a copy of the Code of Practice. Best to keep copies of your tests should anything happen!

Here, we issue certificates and email them to the clients, after all, the tester copes easily with over 4,000 items and downloads via a pen drive.

Good luck

Easy PAT from Tysoft is about £59 or so. We use Easy Cert for other work and support is good.

Also been looking at Icertifi PAT on the IPad..... £49.99 for a 12 month sub....advantage being no PC required.

With the TySoft stuff, I know we can complete forms on site, send them via WiFi or 3G and have them available on the desktop for tidying up prior to sending as a PDF.

Hi

Just to add to this thread which nobody has yet mentioned Simply PAT's .This is a bespoke piece of software that is tailor for both manual entry and fully downloadable PAT's including your Seward IT 1000. It is future proofed and supports most if not all downloadable PAT's including both of my Megger PAT4 DV3 and Megger 420.
The beauty about this software is that there are many certificates and reports produced, which you can tailor your both your and your client’s needs. Free support seem almost instant from past experience, with many existing users agreeing national and international. Have a look on their site, I believe you can download a demo version or give them a call.

I am 100% happy with this software package, being very detailed, compatible with MS Outlook for retest dates, up-load and download results, view and change details easily, Quicken your testing by using abbreviations, generate invoices, and more, yet still very user friendly.

Hope this is of some help

Steve

Ps I do use Power Suit (Lite) though for my Electrical Installation Certificates, because in my mind this is its main function. As is Simply PAT’s for PAT

As long as you have used unique appliance id's then you can get the program to find all ocurrences of the appliance throughout your files and graph changing Insulation resistance values for example.

As long as you have used unique appliance id's then you can get the program to find all ocurrences of the appliance throughout your files and graph changing Insulation resistance values for example.

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry to pester you again but say for arguments sake you are adding a lead to the program with a visual frequency of 6 months and a combined inspection of 12 months. Would you create the asset in the program with a six month testing frequency then fill in the relevant test info as and when? Or come the six months time you need to add it in to the program as if it is a new asset but by using the existing number it will collate the info?

Hi

Just to warn you I work for SimplyPats but I’m an Electrical Engineering student and rely on this forum for help so please don’t ban me :)

SimplyPats does not currently store separate retest information for the formal visual inspection.

However in light of the emphasis of the formal visual test in the new revision of the IET Code of Practice this is going to change. particularly chapter 14 regarding "formal visual inspection should be recorded" A new version of the software is due to be released early this year which will allow you to store the Formal Visual Inspection results for each appliance separately from the electrical tests.

In most of the PATs I’ve used you can’t enter separate visual test frequencies and most testers are a bit bizzare about the way they report formal inspection. They ask you some of the visual questions outlined in the IET COP but most don’t record the individual results.

Lorna

Thanks for the reply, the changes you are talking about are what I was looking for. I am basically looking for software that would record each process as designated in the COP for the formal visual checks when they are made.

Please keep me informed on its progress!

Reply to pat testing documentation in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net