Discuss Please help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think the answer lies in the scenario and your course title. I would be looking at explaining a basic layout for two different types of premises with a detailed layout for each of the headings and example calculations for each such as a worked lighting circuit design for an office where detailed work is needed (go into lux levels and colour rendering etc with regulations or guidance quoted as a source)and a maybe something like a medical practice (talk about medical supplies possibly and disabled access). then just use different examples and calcs for each of the headings Lights, Small Power, Fire Protection, Security and so on. ( Don't forget all the other stuff as well like Em lighting, heating, alternative supplies etc if applicable)

Hope this helps, typical open ended C&G question.

Last edited by a moderator:
this sounds like an assignment where they want a basic building structure to scale and you to lay out a design of your choice including cable layout and different wirring methods then calculate cable sizes,and protection needed etc

what im guessing they just want

lighting.. regs general lighting requirements 559.0 reg number

small power = selv???

Sercurity -- sercurity alarm system?

fire protection- fire alarms / correct fire barrier between floors

data -- pc, internet, phone??

Reply to Please help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net