Discuss Plug melted to dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Personally,before posting in such a public place,having had an incident,caused by the fitting of my own "un-entitled" pot washer...
I would have got a spark to sort it,and just added that cost,to the depreciation on another dishwasher.

Adapt,overcome,survive :)

It wasn’t mine, it came with the house as bought by MOD. Fitted badly by the house builder

How much melting occurred? Have you got a picture? I'm just imagining a D/W with the black tarry stuff on the back which, under pressure and not necessarily a lot of heat would mould itself to the plug and look worse than it is. Have you dismantled the plug to look for signs of overheating inside?
Also (not ideal) the socket outlet plate could be swapped for a flex outlet if the isolation switch is fused.

Sounds like a right pain! My suggestion would be replace the socket with a Fcu with a bottom flex outlet and hopefully that will give you a few inches back.
Or you could go under the plinth to another socket if there is one.
Another option is to do some modifications to the dishwasher itself, but that might be worse than modifying the wall.

ah mod property... It comes down to rank... Mere mortals get what you are given... A warrant officer better still. A commisioned officer however will be entitled to a lot more... When doing basic phase 1 at halton some officers lived in a stately home that would make the royals green with envy

Thanks for all the replies folks. I have managed to moan enough that the area estate manager is visiting me later in the week. Hopefully I’ll have some joy with them! Sadly common sense is a rare commodity within MOD civvi infrastructure!

So following all this nonsense, I held the dishwasher hostage and complained to the right people they have agreed to move my plug socket!

Oh and here is the back of the old dishwasher... for those who wanted pictures

6025D9BC-541D-4E9B-935B-1BDAF995F60B.jpeg

1DC2BDC3-8DDF-4620-BE50-4FE65879C692.jpeg

plug top gets warm, stuffed into the machine's insulation, gets hot and melts. ssssimplesss.

Reply to Plug melted to dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net