Currently reading:
R1+R2 of zero zilch nothing?......

Discuss R1+R2 of zero zilch nothing?...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Checked leads,nulled before testing,took one croc off and tested open circuit put leads on and put testers in hands free then operated the isolator switch in the circuit and it switches between 0 and open circuit...it’s about 8 mtrs max cable run,

Yes that was my concern I can’t record 0,the testers are calibrated and the batteries are fine it’s brand new 10mm cable...is there any percentage or tolerance +/- on R1-R2?

Never thought of doing that,thanks grant,using kewtech kt63 if that helps never had any issues before with it...

I'd put it down to calibration error combined with your meter's accuracy. Looking at the spec, you've +/- 2 digits on continuity, meaning if it was perfectly calibrated and you were measuring a known resistance of, say, 0.05Ohm, the reading could be anything from 0.03 - 0.07 Ohm. It's what happens when trying to take measurements at the bottom end of the scale.

Record it as 0.01, or if you know how long the cable actually is, work it out from the tables.

Sorry Pete and mdj,on my testers you just select continuity if there is a scale selection I’m not aware of it?...
Fair comment fella, some testers have different scales, and if your on the wrong one a zero showing isn't unusual hence mine and Petes question.

Resistance of copper per metre(mohms/M) appendix I of OSG:

10mm=1.83
4mm=4.61

1.83+4.61=6.44

6.44*8=51.52

51.52/1000=0.05 ohms.

Sorry Pete and mdj,on my testers you just select continuity if there is a scale selection I’m not aware of it?...
Fair comment fella, some testers have different scales, and if your on the wrong one a zero showing isn't unusaul hence mine and Petes question.
Resistance of copper per metre(mohms/M) appendix I of OSG:

10mm=1.83
4mm=4.61

1.83+4.61=6.44

6.44*8=51.52

51.52/1000=0.05 ohms.
Show off :D

Reply to R1+R2 of zero zilch nothing?...... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock