Discuss Rcd main switch BS EN in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Clearly that lad is as helpful as a chocolate fire place. Could he not just go look at it or dig the spec sheets out? It will be BSEN61008

Yeah I just pulled my regs book out and confirmed what I thought but was wondering if I was being stupid as I made a stupid mistake before and can afford the time to make another with my folder

No this job was for a new install recentish, the spark at work didn't really give me much more insight into what it could be other than he didn't think it was what I'd said, I kinda had to just agree, I'm a subby and he's my manager on a job I've only been on for 2 weeks so I just thought better of having a long discussion about it.

if this was a new install was he not questioning why you have an r.c.d main switch instead of 60947-3? ie a split load board?

if this was a new install was he not questioning why you have an r.c.d main switch instead of 60947-3? ie a split load board?

This is the info I was looking for!! Lol so it's not 61008 then as its a split board.. I've only even put 1 of these split boards in I only work on industrial and commercial jobs.

So the main switch will be BS 60947-3?? Then this will obviously indicate that this is a split rcd board.

yes the main switch will be 60947-3 if this is a split load board, on your completion certificate just right those details done ie 100a 2 poles R.C.D n/a etc,
If im honest your supervisor should have known this and could of pointed you in the right direction without causing so much hassle

Oh and if you're wondering what the problem with C&G was it was that I wrote 60898 which I obviously know is an MCB which was the reason he raised eyebrows when he started seeing RCD times in my test sheet but no rcd's lol. Also I wrote 6mm instead of 16mm for my earthing conductor. Teaches me for rushing really.

This is the info I was looking for!! Lol so it's not 61008 then as its a split board.. I've only even put 1 of these split boards in I only work on industrial and commercial jobs.

So the main switch will be BS 60947-3?? Then this will obviously indicate that this is a split rcd board.

I think you are getting yourself confused,
if your main switch is just a 100a double pole switch then its a BSEN60947-3, no Rcd.

If its an RCD main switch it will be aBSEN61008

just because you have put BSEN60947-3 does not tell you it's a split load board or that you have an RCD at all.

if you have a 100aDP switch followed by 1or2 rcd's then your main switch is BSEN60947-3 , however if your main switch also provides the Rcd protection then that will be BSEN61008

Reply to Rcd main switch BS EN in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net