Search the forum,

Discuss start up costs in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks all. Some good advice. I think, personally, if I was to start on my own I would probably buy a second hand van 5-6k max. I have most of the tools apart from test equipment and also would need a small amount of floating stock. How much did you spend on advertising at first?

you would probably best investing your time in emailing builders, plumbers(to wire there heating systems), looking on uk planning at recent planning applications and sending these people letters, etc than spending money on local rag/yellow pages adverts etc. get yourself a good website, register yourself on 192.com, thompson local,etc

you would probably best investing your time in emailing builders, plumbers(to wire there heating systems), looking on uk planning at recent planning applications and sending these people letters, etc than spending money on local rag/yellow pages adverts etc. get yourself a good website, register yourself on 192.com, thompson local,etc

I would ignore builders until you have built up a decent bank balance as they don't like paying bills

i suppose, but i dont have any issues with the few i work for but i have heard of some horror stories in the past.
Believe me, the advice Murdoch just gave was the best advice anyone in a new business could get, priceless advice, I know, I have been there and got the T shirt.

Or if you want to get your feet under the table with builders do it on the proviso that you bill the customer directly for your part of the job.

Reply to start up costs in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net