Search the forum,

Discuss Stupid stupid stupud customers. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lock off with a tag ... I thought that I was reasonably equipped with the kit until I turned up on 2 sites over the last few weeks where my kit did not fit. The domestic setting was a new build ... nice big new consumer unit ... property being built for an electrician. Neither lock-off device worked; I was 'fortunate' that there were only 3 of us on site all working as part of a close knit multi-trade team in the garage and remote from the CU. I was the only one who needed to access the CU in the main house, in hindsight I should have locked the house door to reduce the risk further. In the second instance, a light commercial setting, the DB was of a sufficient age to have removable PDs leaving ~ IP2X hazard. I pocketed them whilst remote from the DB. What other options are available when your lock-off kit doesn't fit.

Lock off with a tag ... I thought that I was reasonably equipped with the kit until I turned up on 2 sites over the last few weeks where my kit did not fit. The domestic setting was a new build ... nice big new consumer unit ... property being built for an electrician. Neither lock-off device worked; I was 'fortunate' that there were only 3 of us on site all working as part of a close knit multi-trade team in the garage and remote from the CU. I was the only one who needed to access the CU in the main house, in hindsight I should have locked the house door to reduce the risk further. In the second instance, a light commercial setting, the DB was of a sufficient age to have removable PDs leaving ~ IP2X hazard. I pocketed them whilst remote from the DB. What other options are available when your lock-off kit doesn't fit.
remove the outgoing cable from the breaker.

As wrong as he was i think the op deserves some sympathy. What sort of idiot turns on the electric if an electrician working at your house turns it off? Would you turn on the water supply if a plumber turned it off and was fitting new taps in your house? Or flush the toilet if a man was hooking up a septic tank?

I also hope he gets paid but you cant expect to get paid every evening.

As wrong as he was i think the op deserves some sympathy. What sort of idiot turns on the electric if an electrician working at your house turns it off? Would you turn on the water supply if a plumber turned it off and was fitting new taps in your house? Or flush the toilet if a man was hooking up a septic tank?

I also hope he gets paid but you cant expect to get paid every evening.

A woman .... they don't think properly.

No, I wouldn't BUT I've been on the wrong end of it when someone has - and yes - it WAS a woman!!

Electrocution can be injury or death caused by electric shock.

out.

My dictionary defines it as death by electric shock, derived from the words 'electric' and 'execution'

It was originally used to describe that particular method of carrying out a death sentence and then moved in to more common use.

I always lock off regardless.Reminds me of locking off once and Mrs Housewife says"Don't know why you are doing that,there is only me here," and I think "Yes that's exactly why."

could have been much worse, geordie. it could have happened to me or you.

Reply to Stupid stupid stupud customers. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net