Search the forum,

Discuss Getting a shock in a shower. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

As electricians we dont have the authority to disconnect circuits without client's permission, BUT we can turn off mcbs, switch gear etc.
The OP has covered himself. I would of turned the breaker off (photo taken) before I left they have been told plus in writing its their call to switch back on.
I agree with all of the above, however sometimes after testing it is possible to forget that you need to reconnect a cable, I have done this in the past and maybe the customer thinks I am a bad electrician and the installation "works less" now than it did before i started testing it, however they are still alive to moan about it.

professionalism -1
morality +5

OOPS!!

I agree with all of the above, however sometimes after testing it is possible to forget that you need to reconnect a cable, I have done this in the past and maybe the customer thinks I am a bad electrician and the installation "works less" now than it did before i started testing it, however they are still alive to moan about it.

professionalism -1
morality +5

OOPS!!
No they would just want you to go back and reconnect

suck teeth and remind them how busy things are right now and i am on holiday next week so how about a date hmmm, 6 weeks away?

As electricians we dont have the authority to disconnect circuits without client's permission, BUT we can turn off mcbs, switch gear etc.
The OP has covered himself. I would of turned the breaker off (photo taken) before I left they have been told plus in writing its their call to switch back on.

I've given you a 'like' for this post even though you said 'would  of'.

I went to look at a job like this a few years ago. My customer had a rental house, where there was an upstairs bedroom that had a newly built stud wall to make an ensuite, which he had built himself, to save money. Anyway, one day he phoned and said one of his tenants kept getting frequent shocks when touching the mixer tap in the shower cubicle at night and the RCD kept tripping. So I went round and checked voltages between the mixer tap and the metal frame of the shower cubicle and got between 100 - 187v! But only when the living room lights were on below the ensuite! Turned out that the landlord had managed to use really long screws for the metal frame, which had somehow engaged a downstairs 2-way switch cable under the floorboards, without engaging the CPC of the cable! So whenever those lights were on the tenant got a shock!

Reply to Getting a shock in a shower. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net