Search the forum,

Discuss Temporary Supplies. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

johnnyb

Just had a baby boys, as i have come across a post which Jason S had put up about temps, and in the regs somewhere it tells you that all temps should have there own spike, and i need to know that reg number and page, my books in my car, and its peeing it down here.
I think we have been doin the job wrong boys for yrs we have just used the boards earth, unless obviously theres no earth at all, but can some one possibly tell me, that reg asap.

You may not find it in the big red book, it is more likely to be in the supply and continuity regs
It is a suppliers requirement for reasons given in the other thread

Wrote that down, cheers mate, just shows yer, and agree with Des there could be disaster all over this one, as was said by Des there could be different potentials between N & E depending what system you are on, i am not a happy chappy boys , but things will have to be looked at completely different tomoz in the light of temps.
Thanks for that Jason, we have just been going along all these yrs doin our own thing, and as from tonight its good that we all learn things from forums like this, complacency can be dangerous.

That reg only states a TN-C-S system shall not be used. What about a TN-S.

Local supply authority here in NI insist on TT for temp supply.

Reply to Temporary Supplies. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
Afternoon All, Just pricing up a job and thought I'd pick your brains. Quick run-down, Block of Flats with an underground car park. In the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, any recommendations for neat and complaint ways to "house" a new supply -- the main electrical fuse, cut out, meter etc that on our house...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Just about to move into a house with 2 small kids and the wiring/electrics haven't been updated in years (hard to know as it's probate)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So my factory needs more power, currently 100A/3p (70KVA) => 400A/3p (200KVA) UKPN wont upgrade existing supply and are insisting on new...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock