Currently reading:
Valves on a combi volt free

Discuss Valves on a combi volt free in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hallelujah some one else can do c/heating you would be amazed how many electricians I come across who don't understand the wiring, it's really only switching

Boydy, my patience is this long on site hence I normally work alone GRR

So redvanman if both valves are open hence both putting voltage to the ignition/fan. Are you saying if one of the stats stop calling it will shut even if the voltage is present from the other stat surely it will be held open back feeding from the fan and ignition side of the boiler. Have you looked at the schematic for the jaguar boiler?

no it would work the same as normal s plan ie when stat stops calling for heat the valve would shut opening the contact between grey and orange its the brown and neutral wires on the valve that makes it open and close

It doesn't matter if they are spring return or not the valve motor is fed from one supply and the micro switches are fed from a different supply so no back feed.
i feel sorry for grandfortune he's probably ripped the boiler of the wall my now

But if they are both igniting the same boiler in the end they will meet at the ignition pcb. So no matter where the supply originates if they meet at the end they will affect each other. There only one way to find out, he should do it and tell us if it works.

Jesus, I'm pleased you get It redvanman, the grey and the orange on a two port are separate to the 240v side hence giving you the boiler no volt side. Why do electricians find c heating so complicated!

we probably find it complicated cus we alwas pump 230v down, i understand what Radvanman is saying just never wired it like that.i also understood what onions was saying about the switches as both would be open if they were put together in the boiler connections, unill i drew it out, onoins the 230v to the stat opens the value so i doesnt matter if they are connected together if the stat isnt calling it wont send the 230 to the motor of the valve, am i right there??

Thanks for the reply's guys, 1000's of S and Y and S+plans & air source haeting done never had to wire a boiler like this before, probably cus im trying to get it to work with a Combi

How can it back feed when 1 stat does one motor and another stat does other the motor. The only parts that are linked together is the no volt contacts to tell the boiler to fire up

So the boiler generates its own low volt signal, which is returned when the micro switch is operated. Is the micro switch operated physically when the valve motor turns, by a cam. Therefore two voltage system but completely separate. Only mechanically connected.

jesus christ power up a 2 way valve switch live (brown) without the permanent live connected (grey) the valve will open and close as power connected and disconnected via stat, the orange will allow through whatever voltage is connected to the grey (usually 230) or in this case the volt free supply from boiler

jesus christ power up a 2 way valve switch live (brown) without the permanent live connected (grey) the valve will open and close as power connected and disconnected via stat, the orange will allow through whatever voltage is connected to the grey (usually 230) or in this case the volt free supply from boiler
So what is switching the boiler and you just said the grey was disconnected so the orange won't be letting anything through

Reply to Valves on a combi volt free in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back