Discuss Van Tool Storage in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

i have a tool chest on wheels, keep all my power tools in there, take it home at the end of the day.
only working solution.
if scumbags cant crack the van vault they will nick the van.

Locks etc are all well and good, but they don't help if the scrotes turn up with a hiab truck and pick the whole van up and take it away.
This is an increasingly popular way of stealing landrovers these days, to the point that some owners chain their landy down to steel rings cast into the concrete driveway.

here have a look at this dave.

Jail terms cut for car thieves - Kent Online
www.kentonline.co.uk/sittingbourne/.../jail-terms-cut-for-car-thieves-a5343...
26 Apr 2013 - The offences involved the theft of five Land Rover Defenders, from ... 307 from Bredhurst Trade Centre and a caravan from near Sittingbourne.

appears they have some kind of skeleton key or something and only targeting landrovers .

26 Apr 2013 - The offences involved the theft of five Land Rover Defenders, from ... 307 from Bredhurst Trade Centre and a caravan from near Sittingbourne.

appears they have some kind of skeleton key or something.
bmw's etc have had a bug for at least 6 months where they could be remotely started without the key.

some you could remote unlock, start then drive away lol.

have a look at some of the crazy talks at defcon and blackhat.

they hacked some wireless camera's, looped the video so the users would see a loop and they would see the real one.

the scary thing about these with ip camera's is, if they can get hold of the firmware they can do this.

the only way for an ip camera to remain secure is;

1. too expensive for the average person to afford
2. cant download firmware/updates with having bought the product

I don't even bother dead locking half the time. Live in a safe area (robbers round here are after millionaires, not vans), and all the tools are the company's, quite lucky like that really.

I live in a really nice area, opposite a reservoir, rural, no bobbys ont beat etc. Van got done over 2 nights ago. You can't go off area OR get complacent. If someone sees whats in your van and wants it...

I live in a nice area but still wanna make sure I make it as hard as possible for the scum to rob mi stuff. them dead locks look good. gonna get some sort of cage fitted as well for inside the doors a think

Hand tools would be a bit of a nightmare haha, as would radio but, it should be alright. Tbh, I've always dead locked it overnight, but got whacked up the arse, had a hire van for months, and haven't been dead locking since I got my van back.

And don't tempt fate! I get enough bad luck as it is haha.

I had my van broke In to and the b******s cleaned me out. Testers, drills, iPad but the one that really peed me off was my hand tools as obviously built them up over years and aren't hardly going to be worth anything to any one else (Apart from another spark I suppose).

I had my van broke In to and the b******s cleaned me out. Testers, drills, iPad but the one that really peed me off was my hand tools as obviously built them up over years and aren't hardly going to be worth anything to any one else (Apart from another spark I suppose).

All I actually care about in that van is my hand tools, so maybe I should start dead locking again haha.

appears they have some kind of skeleton key or something and only targeting landrovers .

Skeleton key? Nah, a 5p coin is enough to open a worn landrover door lock!

They are most certainly targeting landrovers, they are one of the most sought after vehicles internationally. They are easy to break for parts which are in high demand, plus the vehicles themselves are in demand in other countries.
Local to me in the last year there has been one taken from a pub carpark on a hiab truck, two spare wheels stolen and one bonnet (they just lift off)
When there was a spate of thefts a couple of years ago the police were actively stopping landrovers being driven late at night/early morning. Due to working in theatre I often drive home in the early hours and was stopped enough times to be on speaking terms with the officers. Which I consider to be a good thing!

Reply to Van Tool Storage in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net