Search the forum,

Discuss Vans with "Testing ans inspection" on them. in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DoBBY

*AND

Hold on! don't we inspect before we test? Should be Inspection and testing, yet many people have it the otherway round on their van/advertisement

Last edited by a moderator:
*AND

Hold on! don't we inspect before we test? Should be Inspection and testing, yet many people have it the otherway round on their van/advertisement

Try to ignore the glaring error DoBBY, let's pray they don't use the van sign as a prompt ;)

Hi DoBBY,

Yes you are right. There are a lot of vans with stuff written on them which if looked at correctly does seem wrong.
I guess it is more of a marketing thing and a business getting / grabbing exercise that is behind it.
Unfortunately it is the customers (the public?) that don't really know and go for what they think is right.
There are a lot of good guys on this forum who probably lose out because they are honest and state what they do, not what is nonsense.
Best wishes,
Rex

I don't see why not...lol, as long as you don’t specify what the 18th edition is all about. :D

Someone once told me that when pairs of food items were listed, e.g. Fish & Chips, Ham & Eggs, Steak & Chips, etc., it was always the item with the most protien that was listed first; never the other way around. I've yet to find an example that breaks this rule! I wonder if there is the same logic operating with "Testing & Inspection" - it's because the testing is the 'bigger' job it gets listed first. :)

Someone once told me that when pairs of food items were listed, e.g. Fish & Chips, Ham & Eggs, Steak & Chips, etc., it was always the item with the most protien that was listed first; never the other way around. I've yet to find an example that breaks this rule! I wonder if there is the same logic operating with "Testing & Inspection" - it's because the testing is the 'bigger' job it gets listed first. :)

Was that your van I seen lolol, its wrong mate you inspect before you test

I reckon it's something to do with the more appealing, more valuable item first - the chips are the side dish to fill you up and are as cheap as, well, chips but what goes with them (eg the fish, ham & egg, pie etc) defines the dish.
In the same way anyone can have a look at an installation but you need an expensive tester and sufficient knowlege of how to work the thing to do the tests.
Nobody wants to pay just to have somebody to have a quick look at something - they want figures, certificates, intelligent sounding beeps etc.

That said when I worked in a pub I'd get chavs coming in and asking if we did chips.
Then if we had "anything to go with the chips".
Thinking they meant salt & vinegar, ketchup, even cheese (which we charged extra for) I'd say yes.
Turns out they wanted their chips garnished with something more like a steak or some scampi.
I suspect this may have been more to do with trying to play down the 'main event' to influence the price.
Bloody chavs.

my van says " RAG/BONE " does that mean that rags have got more appeal than bones? os should i changew it to "ANY OLD IRON"

who's harry champion? my lady calls me steptoe!

Reply to Vans with "Testing ans inspection" on them. in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock