Currently reading:
when i press switch 1 switch2 light come on as well

Discuss when i press switch 1 switch2 light come on as well in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

derby 000

i wired kitchen florescent loop in method then i took live feed for outside light (flood light with sensor) direct to switch then to light.when i switch kitchen light on the outside light switch come on as well.can anybody help me with this please.

Lads a year 2 student...

Draw out your circuit Derby and see if you can see where you have gone wrong... maybe you have connected you O/S light to the switch wire instead of the permanent live in the fluorescent fitting thus the OS light comes on in power up mode when you switch fluorescent on.

Welcome to the forum.

no outside light come on normal with his own regardless of kitchen light.if the outside is switch off and you turn the kitchen light on nothing happen to out side light. but if you turn outside light switch on after 1 min it goes with sensor timer then if you turn the kitchen light on out side light come on

20140107_214801.jpg This is my circuit daigram.

Hi Derby, we have a trainee section where you can get assistance with practical wiring as well as your studies etc and all without the banter. If you're currently on a course check this out, do the business and I can give you access.

diagram looks OK. to me. should work.

just wondering if it's anything to do with the kitchen light being a florry.

I have had this problem on a fault I was called to. It turned out to be fluorescent light in the kitchen, I changed the starter in the fluorescent and it cured itself. the outside light was one of the cheaper ones.

Fair enough DW, but where a outs did you get your info from. Did a quick check on his profile but couldn't see anything.

just seen it, didn't look far enough.

Click on his profile then click sub- option 'About'.... I tend to always profile anyone i dont know so i can either go in attack or helpful mode if they are asking way below their belt then let the wrath of Khan rain down .... this OP has confirmed its not a wiring fault so even a good question for a experienced sparks ;)

I hope if i ever have a day in court that your not on the jury! :whatchutalkingabout lol

Last edited:
As per post above, possibly the starting transient of the fluorescent is triggering the PIR spuriously. This could indicate excessive voltage drop on the circuit, or that the PIR is unreasonably sensitive to mains spikes. Either try a different PIR, a different starter (because the suppressor in the existing one might be duff) or possibly better still, fit an electronic 'Pulsestarter' in the fluorescent in place of the glow starter.

E2A You can confirm that this is the problem and not a wiring error, by first removing the starter. If the PIR now works normally, it's probably interference from the florry. If it still malfunctions, it's your wiring.

Reply to when i press switch 1 switch2 light come on as well in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back