Currently reading:
Which conduit ?

Discuss Which conduit ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest569

Im pricing some external lighting on several industrial units which are all joined. One long length of conduit will suit although its around 150-200yards long. Nice straightforward run with no bends. Its around 8m high and away from any mechanical damage, my only concern is sun damage over time.

Galvanised conduit would be best but a) its going to add a considerable cost to job and b) its going to take much longer to install.

is white PVC ok , should I install black PVC, or should I risk losing the job pricing for galvy ?

The customer will likely want cheapest.

quoting around 4k including VAT,

Require x5 80w LEDs, few drums or armour or conduit plus singles, accessories etc.

Cherry picker for 1 week , all very basic runs and routes ....

what you think ?

FP is useless as far to soft!, galv would be my choice, if it's a straight run then it's about 65 lengths, with a thro box every 9m, you can get away with saddling galv on a horizontal plain every 800, where as SWA will need clipping every 300 on the horizontal, two of us could put that lot up and have it wired in 3 days.

SWA is your other alternative but be warned, 6x2.5 and 3x 1.5 conductors in a t box will be bordering on a bit tight.

quoting around 4k including VAT,

Require x5 80w LEDs, few drums or armour or conduit plus singles, accessories etc.

Cherry picker for 1 week , all very basic runs and routes ....

what you think ?
Well without actually costing the materials myself I cannot confirm the price either way, however first impression it seems a good quote actually, works out about 3,250 ish plus vat.

Well without actually costing the materials myself I cannot confirm the price either way, however first impression it seems a good quote actually, works out about 3,250 ish plus vat.

sounds like you've recovered from your sourcreamflow binge.

Leds approx ÂŁ500
Armour 200m ÂŁ200
Cherry Picker ÂŁ 250
Glands accessories etc ÂŁ100
2 way board ÂŁ45
Dusk till dawn etc ÂŁ60

Approx ÂŁ1200 material
Approx ÂŁ2000 labour ,

5 days , 40 hours @ 30/h = 1200 x 2(men) = ÂŁ2400
ÂŁ2400+ÂŁ1200 = ÂŁ3600+VAT.

Likely do it in 2 days though so prob pretty good now that Ive actually calculated it !

My 4k estimate was from the dartboard ;p

Overall quote isn't far away I suspect, it comes down to margins now whether you want the job or not, another firm who needs the work would stick a pair on the job, the spark would be 25 and the mate 18 ish so 43 quid at 40 hours more like 1700.00 rather than 2,400.00. that said I like your price, lets hope the customer will agree.

your price is on the high side to be honest

and ÂŁ30 per hour for your helper / sidekick ?

savvy customers wont pay for that , no chance.
as others have said , more hungry contractors will happily undercut that by ÂŁ500.

Well good luck, if they do get other quotes you may lose it on the labour cost, I hope you get it, a job like this will be good for you, a change from rewiring a house a day haha

Yeah actually keen to do it will make a nice change !

Ive had a few jobs lately out with my field, was asked to quote on some maintenance work for the commonwealth games, but think Ive over priced that one slightly.

Reply to Which conduit ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock