Discuss Who knows? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SimpleSimon

c1238409-bf91-d6f8.jpg
Who knows how to get these baby's out? There in an under cupboard strip light holding down the ballast. Just don't know how to get them off?
c1238410-bfbf-f7ed.jpg

And there not nuts, just rounded off.

Last edited by a moderator:
How to get them off? In a word, Drill. Pot rivets are not that hard of a material and with a bit of care you should be able to drill them out. The next question is how are you going to put the casing back on? Good luck Simon.

How to get them off? In a word, Drill. Pot rivets are not that hard of a material and with a bit of care you should be able to drill them out. The next question is how are you going to put the casing back on? Good luck Simon.

Woah woah woah Paul!! how do I get the back in or is the ballast gna sit loose in the light?

As Truckster says replace the fitting. If not drill out the pot rivet and use the same hole for a nut and bolt with a washer. (unless I've got the wrong end of the stick mate?)

just like my old man.... make do and mend, don't spend. the old bugger used to even make cable wrap rounds out of scrap bits of lead before he'd buy a box of clips.

Can't replace as it's an old fitting where the couplers aren't universal nor easily available to me so it's quicker to replace the ballast,

so drill out and replace with either rivets or nuts and bolts.

Reply to Who knows? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi does anyone know where I can source any larger round grommets ? I will be drilling a hole in 100 × 100 trunking so guess around 75mm hole. I've...
Replies
Views
As the title says. But then I cut off a jst connection off one of the light strips and I can't get them to work together... the one strip is plug...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a new bathroom fan. We had an electrician who ran 14/3 into a junction box. The black feeds a led light and the red was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am restoring an old art deco, wall mount medicine cabinet. The cabinet has an 18” fluorescent light tube on each side. Before I put a lot...
Replies
Views
Did anyone attend basildon college around 2005/2007. Trying to track down my nvq. But don't know who it was under. I thought it was eal.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock