Search the forum,

Discuss You've got to turn these things into a positive! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm all set to fit my 8 downlights at the customers house. I texted the builder the night before to make sure he wouldn't be in the way, he's already said he wouldn't but I wanted to double check. No reply so I assume all is well.

I get to the job and he's plastering right were I need to work!

So... I grumble a bit, then calm down, then go home, go for a cycle ride in the country, drink a coffee, read my book and then write about it to you lot:)

The builder has just lent me his SDS max and also a few other tools as well so I can't really moan can I, he's a pretty decent chap and I get to have a day off:)

I always cut spots after plasterboarding & before skimming makes my life a ehole lot easier come 2nd fix i know the cable is there and im not going to hit a choice. Only the bad plasterers complain any decent one can skim with a 70mm hole there.

The old metal coat hanger:relaxed:. If my van got stolen I could replace the £1000 megger and £1000's of tools, but...... I'd have to revisit old Mrs Adington from a job 4 years ago to replace the old metal coat hanger. She was more than happy to give me a couple but I think she thought I was a bit odd for asking:)

I had a collection of those coat hangers from my time getting my uniform trousers dry cleaned. Don't seem to see those things these days. Look after the one I have left :(

Plasterboard up first, skimmed, coat-hanger...but seriously, bang a few nails in the joists first, near where you might drill holes...a powerful magnet will find them...and a pic of the joists on your phone, taken from ground level, is a great help.

I use wall ties with one end opened up to 90 degrees, they are compact in length, the other end acts as a handle or cable hook so they serve many purposes for checking and fishing cables, hence they're my MFT....multi fangled tool

Reply to You've got to turn these things into a positive! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back