Discuss 100mA maximum test current in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mtfpuk2011

In my latest exam a question asked:

what is the maximum test current for a 100mA RCD,
50mA,
100mA,
150mA or
200mA

I think I have revised so much by brain has turned to mush! I believe the answer is 100mA but could someone please confirm?

Hi Guys, I would like to answer with respect to the structure of the question, because it is poorly structured. A multi choice question should test a learner's knowledge and or understanding, and the point of this question should have been to test if a learner knows that a x5 test is not carried out on a 100 mA RCd, therefore one of the WRONG answers should have been 500 mA. The question is a good one to ask but fairly useless without 500 mA as a choice as it draws the learner to select 100 mA without knowledge, as most learners would have completed an RCD test on 30 mA RCD's using the x0.5, x1 and x5 tests.

Hi Guys, I would like to answer with respect to the structure of the question, because it is poorly structured. A multi choice question should test a learner's knowledge. And the point of this question should have been to test if a learner know that a x5 test is not carried out on a 100 mA RCd, therefore one of the WRONG answers should have been 500 mA. The q

Very much agree. By the time I got to do the multi-choice exam I had already done my practical exam so I was feeling a little drained.

Thank you so much for everyone's help. I retake the multi-choice exam on Monday so hitting the books hard...

You only test at 5 times up to and including 30mA, everything else is tested at half and x1.

Good luck with your exam, I just passed my 2394 multi choice on friday and have the written tests next tuedsay.

Thank you. I have so much exam revision software for the multi-choice and written exams. Must be getting complacement. Keep passing the multi-choice revision exams at home with good marks. Just failed the actual exam by one question! Good luck with the written! Mine is next Wednesday 26th. If it's a national exam are our dates right?

Cheers I also failed the multi choice first time round by less than 5%.

What revision software are you using?

Yes your right I have one on the 26th and one on the 27th!

there ok bits of software.i mossed it by one mark on unit one and unit 4 was prober oissed off but hay hope to pass it tomorrow. did you tutor make you do live se reading or calculated mine was calculated

gutted aint the word.do you know.if its a avarge mark they take or is 60% on all the units u need to hit.
cool

I tryed 2391 last year thats a evil exam so only doing 94 I cant be assed with period odick work

Im not sure as one of the guys on my course got over 60% in each unit and still failed even though the overall was 70%+, he took the exam again straight away and passed with 82% overall. I got over 70% in all units and passed.

I think we are using the 2391 for mocks, the second written I have is the periodic, I then have to do a practical fault finding on a test board and that will be me finished!

the fault finding is **** essy high zs reading above tsbulted was mine and dead short and ok as on those bits soft ware I keep hiting 90 so **** knows where im going rong. its all go atm as getting ready for my elexcer assiment on the 2nd july

Reply to 100mA maximum test current in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net