Discuss 12v downlights - help required in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

The only cabling that's affected is the cabling n this circuit which is new blue and brown cable so not that old at all. The rest f the house wiring is fine, old colours but not reasonably modern and not that old fabric covered or rubber covered stuff.

The main parts burnt are the t&e at one side of a connection and the flex to the transformer on the other although there is a random bit of melting in the flex between the transfrmer and the light.

Is there any reason why I can't use 240v downlights? Got B&Q vouchers which I figure I can use for the replacement lights but their selction of 12v downlights is limited.

Also, for the shower light I thought that they HAD t be 12v for zone 1 but B&Q only sell one type and it's 240v suitable for zones 1 2 and 3.

Cheers

Don

Reply to 12v downlights - help required in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, DIY'er here looking for a bit of advice so please go easy on me. In my dining room there is an existing single pendant and i would like...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
I have some 12VDC LED fixtures that I would like to put in the ceiling of our showers. My thinking is that I would run some 14/2 from the main...
Replies
Views
Hi Customer has an extractor fan that’s inside the shower cubicle high up on the wall. The extractor fan has no form of isolation and is wired...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking for some advice for adding a time delay on my parent's shower room fan. My parents had a section of their garage converted into a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock