Discuss 13a plug locking bracket in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Alan Sutherland

Hi,
I want to plug something in and make it difficult to unplug, and I am sure I remember seeing a bracket that is held in by the two socket screws and goes around the plug so preventing anyone unplugging it.
Did I imagine this, or is there such a thing?

Why don't you use the method I have seen done before; super glue the plug in place! Just hope that fuse doesn't blow! A bit more background as to what and why you want this may be useful I feel. Exterior type sockets often are lockable. Or you can get sockets with a key lock on their face plate, very expensive though.

Last edited:
Here's there lockable type. You can also get a Schneider one for a decent price actually, thought they were much more expensive.

https://www.mkelectric.com/en-my/Products/WD/decorative/albanyplus/Lockable/Pages/K2949.aspx

Not sure if they lock in the on as well as off position though.

Edit: just re-read the OP, so my suggestion is not quite right! Think Pete's suggestion is spot on..

Agree with you - the MK ones (if they are the ones I think they are) would not fit the OP's requirements. Nor does Pete's suggestion - could be switched off (using the switch) - in essence, no different from removing the plug top?

Tel's solution is lockable - as he pointed out. :smile:

Cheers,

Jez Wilkins

Agree with you - the MK ones (if they are the ones I think they are) would not fit the OP's requirements. Nor does Pete's suggestion - could be switched off (using the switch) - in essence, no different from removing the plug top?

Tel's solution is lockable - as he pointed out. :smile:

Cheers,

Jez Wilkins

The OP didn't request a switching option, he just wanted to stop someone unpluging it, if that's what he wants then fit a non switched spur

The OP didn't request a switching option, he just wanted to stop someone unpluging it, if that's what he wants then fit a non switched spur

You are correct Pete, he didn't. I was referencing your first post into this thread (#2 overall).:smile5:

I guess that the OP's decision depends upon whether he wants the option of unplugging, or a more permanent connection.

Cheers,

Jez Wilkins

So I must have dreamt up that bracket thing, maybe I should invent it!

It would be a bit pointless if you had to remove the socket outlet to remove the plug (because of the 3.5mm screws holding it in place). Why the plug & socket arrangement for something which you want secured?

probably to stop his ankle snappers from dissing his PC.

I fail to see the point of these "inventions",when suitable instruction or labeling should suffice.

If such a device prevented the removal and switching,of a socket outlet connected piece of equipment,then the very first line of advice,on encountering a person suspected of receiving an electric shock,will be impossible to complete.

This "victim",will in all probability,be the very type of person, either incapable or unwilling,to understand instruction or assess risk.

...Or is this the perfect time,to market my "air-bag protection" helmets? :bobby:

Reply to 13a plug locking bracket in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net