Discuss 17th Edition Course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Razzmond

Hello all,

Going to be attending the 17th edition course (Only just got around to affording it) in October. The college is doing me a deal (As I'm an ex student) for £220. Am I getting a good deal for that money considering they charge non students £450?

Also, does anyone have any advice for the course? Its only 3 days so I want to get a heads up on what sort of topics are covered so I can get it right first time.

Cheers

Also, does anyone have any advice for the course?
Some questions for you
1 Can you read?
2 Can you press buttons on a computer?
3 Can you find things in a book?
If you answer yes to those 3 questions you've passed.
Relax, have a beer and don't worry about an open book exam mate

£220 is about right for the course, £450 is a bit OTT but very likely.
Trev has covered the main points!
But remember that the exam is laid out in order of BS7671 so the first questions are from the start of the book and so on.
Answer all the questions you can answer immediately and then go back to do the ones you need to think about, if any.

Also, does anyone have any advice for the course?
Some questions for you
1 Can you read?
2 Can you press buttons on a computer?
3 Can you find things in a book?
If you answer yes to those 3 questions you've passed.
Relax, have a beer and don't worry about an open book exam mate

As trev says don't worry about it. I did 17th course a month ago and ****ed it. Its a lot easier than I thought it would be. Only advise you need is to use the index and contents when you need to find specific sections that relate to the question asked. You've got 2mins per question doesn't sound a lot but at most you only need 30seconds so you've plently of time mate. Good luck and let us know how you get on

If your working in the industry, why do you need to take a 3 day course, on a Open Book exam when you can just take the exam itself?? All your doing is following the BGB and finding the appropriate regulation the question is referring too. Hells bells the answers are all there in front of you, if you can read you have passed!!

Open Book, = Pass, ...or it bloody well should do!!

To be honest I assumed you need to take the course to take the exam and get the certificates at the end of it.

Was I wrong to think that?

To be honest I assumed you need to take the course to take the exam and get the certificates at the end of it.

Was I wrong to think that?

I asked a training centre for just the exam when I did mine. They obliged for £60. Some centres wont give you the course without the exam, some will.

My local college won't do the exam only. Pita that I'll have to spend a few hours in a classroom to take an exam that our dog could pass (if I could teach him to read of course)

Some employers deem it necessary god knows why.

If you’re not in the pub before the allocated time is up there’s something wrong.

did mine at leeds Just the exam cost about £60 to £70 just indexed the book with a few sticky notes. found the exam easy answered the questions I knew first then went back to the ones I wern't sure of and checked the answers in the book.

Reply to 17th Edition Course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net